1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed a light/bright spot in the middle of the screen? It is very noticeable with regular use, though I can see it after prolonged use and definitely when looking at my dark wallpaper.

I know this has been mentioned by others, but there hasn't been much response. No, I haven't hit/pressed the screen very hard there.

If this doesn't get worse or if this is normal, I am okay with it. But if it gets worse/spreads, it would be very distracting.
    Originally posted by jonathanuy
    Has anyone else noticed a light/bright spot in the middle of the screen? It is very noticeable with regular use, though I can see it after prolonged use and definitely when looking at my dark wallpaper.

I know this has been mentioned by others, but there hasn't been much response. No, I haven't hit/pressed the screen very hard there.

If this doesn't get worse or if this is normal, I am okay with it. But if it gets worse/spreads, it would be very distracting.
    LCD screens occasionally have defective pixels which appear as discoloured spots on the display - my laptop has an irritating red dot in the middle of the screen when viewing dark images. Defective elements is probably the single biggest reason for the expense of LCD displays, as, until relatively recently, manufacturing processes resulted in a great many failing quality control.
  3.    #3  
    It's really more of a smudge than a pixel. I am wondering if it has something to do with the backlighting.
    Originally posted by jonathanuy
    It's really more of a smudge than a pixel. I am wondering if it has something to do with the backlighting.
    It seems unlikely since the backlighting comes from the right edge of the display. If it is affecting an area rather than an individual pixel, it is more likely to be that the LCD is not seated properly. This could be an assembly issue, or because the units has been twisted or had pressure applied to the display.

Another possible cause for discolouration on an LCD is temperature - as the elements get hotter, the colour range can change slightly. Does the screen/unit feel unusually warm to the touch when the problem occurs? I am reminded of a post recently stating a 'burnt spot' in the middle of the display - http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ght=burnt.html - but I don't know what the final outcome was.