1.    #1  
    Hope this is not out of line but I would like to know if anyone has compared the Tunsten W with the Treo 600. We all know the T600 funtions in handset mode and speaker phone so throw that feature out.

opinions?
    Originally posted by lenman
    Hope this is not out of line but I would like to know if anyone has compared the Tunsten W with the Treo 600. We all know the T600 funtions in handset mode and speaker phone so throw that feature out.

opinions?
    there is no comparison really.
    the only upside for the tw is the hi-res screen.

nothing else comes close.

it's selling in singapore for sgd 450 whereas the treo 600 is priced at 1288, go figure. hah

why would anyoen wanna carry around a brick that weighs a ton anyway.

actually the 600 aint' that light too, but compared to the tw, it's so much handier.
    Tunsten W is probably a little more awkward to hold; however, you won't hold it like a normal phone anyway, since it works as a phone ONLY with a headset.

The form factor isn't really all that different, nor is the weight.

In hardware terms, the T600 blows the TW away in every way except screen resolution.
    There is no comparison. I have used both. For starters the TW is Os 4.x and the Treo is Os 5.x. That alone is a big difference. The Palm is much slower online because the GPRS is considerably slower than PCS vision. The phone software on the Palm comes from the stone age. The only thing nice on the Palm is the screen.
    my .02
    The tungsten has only a 33 Mhz dragonball processor, the same as the Treo 300.

So you can think of the Tungsten as a high res Treo 300. Also, you are limited to the AT&T network. Next, phone feature only works with an earbud. Finally, the software integration is nowhere near as smooth as it is with the Treo family.

So, in summary, what you are left with is a Treo 300 clone that is superior is one respect, but inferior in several others.

All in all, there is no comparison.

Now if Palm would just wise up and slap that Tungsten screen on a Treo 600 with that incredibly bright backlight, and I'm in hog heaven...
    I've used both, and I think 'ardint' sums it up well. There's no comparison between the 2 devices, Treo 600 is much better....

One other problem I've noted with the Tungsten W is that it continually wants to drop the data connection. So things like scheduled and push syncs of email often have a more difficult time b/c they're constantly having to 'wake up' the data connection first....