Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I downloaded the Sprint Treo 600 manual and is it true that the microphone is located on the opposite side of the keyboard? (Is that the only one or are there 2: one on the keyboard side and another on the back used in conjunction with the speakerphone)? Thx in advance.
    yea the mic is on the back of the treo 600..
    always searching for the light..
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    If the microphone is on the back, won't it be covered with the hand holding the phone up to your ear? Also, have people complained about the [I assume] low volume of your voice?

I live in Manhattan and it seems to me that the receivers might hear the traffic more than my voice!
    I've had no problems.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Just so I understand, if you cover up the microphone you're still heard clearly?

On another topic, does talking in speakerphone mode cause feedback problems?
    It's never been an issue. I don't know if I've ever covered it.
    It is more like on the bottom than the back. It is where the back curves into the bottom and picks up sound just fine. You would have to try to cover it.
    i cover mine up all the time and people tell me they can't hear me.--- it's a stupid design.
    I may not be god, but at least I'm real.
    Hi. Since you inadvertently cover up the microphone, do you use a headset then?
    nope, no headset. i just wait until my pals say something like --" hey dumb@#$ -- i can't hear you". and then i grumble about how retarded it is that the mic is in the back of the phone. -- whatever -- nothing is perfect.
    I may not be god, but at least I'm real.
    The only real problem I've found with the mike location is that you get terrible wind noise if you're talking next to an open window of a moving car.
    Regards,

Robert
    i've actaully been told that people can hear me better than when i was using my 300. and this was while i was walking by a construction site with jackhammers and whatnot pounding away at the rocks.
    I have had NO wind problems, which is unusual for a cell phone where I live. I am able to completely shield the mic while holding the phone. Very nice.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Originally posted by theoverlord
    i've actaully been told that people can hear me better than when i was using my 300. and this was while i was walking by a construction site with jackhammers and whatnot pounding away at the rocks.
    Thanks everyone for your comments!

To theoverlord: was the earpiece speaker loud enough to hear your caller while you were walking by the jackhammers?
    Originally posted by Royce
    was the earpiece speaker loud enough to hear your caller while you were walking by the jackhammers?
    yea i could hear fine. it was up on its loudest setting and as soon as i got the earpiece lined up on my ear (easy to do with the little bulge) i could hear just fine. i doubt i would have been able to say the same if i had been using my 300.