Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Is there a way to connect a photo to a contact besides inside of Favorites.

It is sooooo lame that we can not attach a photo to a contact.
    agreed - when i first tried to attach a photo to a person i naturally went to Contacts to try and add it. had to break out the manual to see that it could only be done in Favorites.

my theory is that it's because Contacts is one of the original core palm OS applications... and it hasn't evolved much (if at all) since the palm pilot days (1995?). they probably didn't want to extend the functionality of it because it's a time-tested solid app. introducing new features in Contacts would have a massive cascading effect in how it relates to palm desktop, outlook, other palms, etc.

handspring's Favorites screen was developed just for the treo 600, so they had the freedom to "go nuts" and add photos there.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hyper,

I have seen the capability of adding photos to the Address/contact list on other brands such as Clie.

I think they did not think of doing this feature or did not want to bother. There may be a technical reason they chose to not do it.

It would be great if someone came out with a bio informatics application that could compare a persons facial features against the images in the contact list and give the best guess of who the person is. It would help me figure out who someone is when I forget their name.

Thank you for the reply.

Kevin
    See Discussion of Photo Caller ID Here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...caller+id.html
    See Discussion of Photo Caller ID Here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/t...+caller+id.html
    Mendi, this discussion isn't about Called-ID but rather the Contacts program having the ability to have a photo as one of the properties. Does anyone know if there is a 3rd party contacts program that has this capability?
    Hi Spiffyis5150...actually the Photo CallerID program's main function is to add a field in the contacts for a photo. That is how the CallerID application would grab the photo for display when one of your contacts calls (as opposed to just using the photo in one of the 50 Favorite buttons).

If you're interested in this capability, you should send an email to support@pdaapps.com (they're under the assumption that there's no market for it).
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    tHANKS FOR
    My mistake Mendi! I did not understand that it added that capability to the Contacts program. I appreciate the info and I will be e-mailing PDAApps to add my request that they update that program.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Mendi,

I want a photo attached to each contact. Nothing to do with caller ID. Other Palm devices have this. After entering a name and contact info I want to be able to take a photo and attach it to the contact.

bklabel
    you mean an app like address album from evolutionary solutions? i believe you can get it at palmgear. don't know if it will have any problems with the treo 600, though.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Ido,
    Thanks,
    I went to the palmgear site and found the application. I sent a question to the developer of the app asking if it will work with the treo 600. Let's see.
    Kevin (BKLABEL)