Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    What is the difference between an SD card and an SD expansion card? Are they both compatible with the Treo 600?
  2. #2  
    Not sure I completely understand your question.

    Are you referring to an SD I/O vs an SD memory card?

    SD I/O is used for input/output devices such as Bluetooth, GPS, or WiFi cards, etc.

    SD memory cards are used for expansion memory.

    The Treo 600 supports both.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by mdbanas
    What is the difference between an SD card and an SD expansion card? Are they both compatible with the Treo 600?
    No difference. Just semantics. SD is SD is SD...
  4.    #4  
    On sandisk.com's website. They have links to both "SD cards" and "SD expansion cards."

    They say the SD expansion cards are "Memory expansion card for SD-enabled, Palm OS-based handheld devices."

    and that SD cards "Offer cryptographic security for copyrighted data based on proven security concepts."

    But I am not sure which one to get.
  5. #5  
    I had the same question and surfed the net last night looking for information. Frankly, I gave up. This morning I went to CompUSA and spoke with a sales person and got a demonstration of the devices. I walked out with a Lexar 2.0 multi-card reader capable of doing comptactflash, memory stick, memory stick pro, smart media, mmc, xd-picture card, sd card, for $29.99. It reads and writes though only "read" is on the box - the demo was interesting. Anyway, the decision to stay away from the 6-1 was due to what I have read on this board.

    After the phone comes in (around Monday), I will go back to CompUSA and purchase a 512mb secure digital flash memory card ($199). The explanatoin give to me was something like it handles encription, fast transfer and so on. From other posts, the lower capacity cards are used up too rapidly.

    I all ready have Backup Buddy and from its documentation, it completely supports these cards, as does Filez and LightnZip.

    I experienced with my Olympus digital camera's 32mb cards and anticipate the 512mb's performance to surpass the 32mb cards.

    I stopped by Office Depot and noted they carried a bluetooth card. There was no one there capable of providing information on its operation.

    Anyway, sorry for being so wordy. This aspect of the Treo600 purchase and setup is one that I am looking forward to.

    Ben


    ----------

    Originally posted by mdbanas
    On sandisk.com's website. They have links to both "SD cards" and "SD expansion cards."

    They say the SD expansion cards are "Memory expansion card for SD-enabled, Palm OS-based handheld devices."

    and that SD cards "Offer cryptographic security for copyrighted data based on proven security concepts."

    But I am not sure which one to get.
  6. #6  
    Dear Ben save your $, I bought a 512MB Secure Digital (SD) Card at ecost.com for $149. There is over nite shipping for $10 but I don't know if the overnite is more $ where u live in hawaii. Even iof the shipping is a fe $ more it is still $50 less than u r paying and the tax vs shipping shoule make shipping not much more!

    As for backup buddy it does support sd cars, BUT IT DOES NOT YET WORK WITH PALM 5! Althought they say they are working on it! take care, jay

    PS BTW the card works great I have both MP3's and apps on it and it rocks!
  7. #7  
    Jay, thank you for the note. I will visit ecost.com next.As for the Backupbuddy note, I appreciate the information. Gosh, it looks like I will have to do this manually for a while.

    Thank you for your assistance.

    Ben
    --------------------

    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    Dear Ben save your $, I bought a 512MB Secure Digital (SD) Card at ecost.com for $149. There is over nite shipping for $10 but I don't know if the overnite is more $ where u live in hawaii. Even iof the shipping is a fe $ more it is still $50 less than u r paying and the tax vs shipping shoule make shipping not much more!

    As for backup buddy it does support sd cars, BUT IT DOES NOT YET WORK WITH PALM 5! Althought they say they are working on it! take care, jay

    PS BTW the card works great I have both MP3's and apps on it and it rocks!
  8. Loondog's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    #8  
    I received a catalog from PC Connection yesterday. They are selling an ScanDisk SD WI-FI card w/ 128mb of storage built in for $99. It is marked as being "new"

    Not sure if that has been discussed, hard to muddle thru all the wi-fi threads.
  9. #9  
    No drivers for PalmOS 5 for the Wifi card yet. Supposedly in the next few months (Dec/Jan IIRC).
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  10. #10  
    Wal-Mart has an SD card that is 2 Gig for $99.99
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by annihilator4
    Wal-Mart has an SD card that is 2 Gig for $99.99
    What store is this. I called a local store in San Jose, CA and the max they have is 1GB.

Posting Permissions