1.    #1  
    If you know what day you ordered your unit, (and I'm sure most of us do) check below to see when it is expected to delivered.

I warn those who ordered on or after Oct. 23rd, you may not want to look. Please don't flame me, just sharing:

https://www.handspring.com/support/s...ping_msg.jhtml
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    What is the reason for the delay? Is it due to (1) HS running out of stock of the Sprint T600, or (2) the warehouse not being able to ship them in a timely fashion?

If it's (2) then it's likely that the GSM versions will also experience the shipping delay. If it's (1) then those who order the GSM T600 when it is first released may escape the delay.
    Yes - I read that today. I ordered yesterday a.m. (10/23) and needless to say, I'm more than a little pissed. I assume that HS will honor any rebate coupons submitted prior to 10/29?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    If it's any help...the chart says those that ordered Oct. 20-22 should expect shipment Oct. 30-31, however I ordered on Oct. 20 and just got my shipping confirmation. Shipped Oct. 24 (Friday) and is due Monday!!! I had just read the post about it not shipping until the end of next week and was very bummed when I got the email notifiying me that it had shipped!!!!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    If it's any help...the chart says those that ordered Oct. 20-22 should expect shipment Oct. 30-31, however I ordered on Oct. 20 and just got my shipping confirmation. Shipped Oct. 24 (Friday) and is due Monday!!! I had just read the post about it not shipping until the end of next week and was very bummed when I got the email notifiying me that it had shipped!!!!
    Just thought I'd post a "ME TOO!"

I'm in the exact same boat.

So there may be hope....
    I just ordered mine tonight.... and am thinking that HS may be doing something I call "The Outback Principle" (as in the "fake" aussie restaurant here in the states).... where they tell you that it is going to be longer and then "surprise" you by shipping it early. A basic business philosophy of "under promise and over deliver".

So why would they do this??

(1) if they deliver sooner than you expect them too, you are happy -- even if you are not happy when you ordered

(2) they avoid a TON of customer complaint calls (and associated 800 number calls) when a product doesn't ship on time

(3) maybe with the T-Mobile launch, they want to build in a little padding to make sure they can get the stuff out on time.

Of course, this is all my conjecture ..... so who knows!!! I can tell you I am expecting to wait 2-3 weeks, if I get it in a week and a half (10-11 days) I'll be extremely happy!!

Brian
    They are probably seriously backordered due to shipping to carriers and retail. Those orders always will come first prior to shipping their individual web orders -- more units, more money, etc.

If you don't mind not having the upgrade rebate, Sprint is finally offering the T600 on their "phones" page (I think it was buried in the business connection page prior to a few days ago). Sprint is also saying 1-2 week wait.

I think they underestimated the demand pipeline for this. There could be a bunch of T600s in a container on a ship for all we know.
    Originally posted by volsfan0911
    I assume that HS will honor any rebate coupons submitted prior to 10/29?
    They have to or they would get sued for false advertising.

So place your order prior to 10/29 w/ upgrade serial number.

You'd still have to wait 2 weeks for it to fulfill though.

I don't see why they would extend the upgrade serial number offer past 10/29 anyway.
    This could be the best of both worlds as I'm sure they will honor the upgrade discount for those units that are back ordered.

Now I will get my unit about the same time the GSM units start going out. I should have 10 days to play with the Sprint one while folks here report on their experiences with the GSM.

Perhaps a few will buy both and compare and contrast!
    From what I am reading on other PDA boards.....everybody want it......BAD!!!!

HS has orders from carriers and well as individuals. Obviously, it's gonna be crazy for a while...but just hang in there. In the mean time, see if you can order accessories from another vendor or website. Go price your SD cards. Look for that perfect Palm 5 software that you wanna install when the 600 arrives at your door. Go out and enjoy life!!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Originally posted by Possibility
    I just ordered mine tonight.... and am thinking that HS may be doing something I call "The Outback Principle" (as in the "fake" aussie restaurant here in the states).... where they tell you that it is going to be longer and then "surprise" you by shipping it early. A basic business philosophy of "under promise and over deliver".

So why would they do this??

(1) if they deliver sooner than you expect them too, you are happy -- even if you are not happy when you ordered

(2) they avoid a TON of customer complaint calls (and associated 800 number calls) when a product doesn't ship on time

(3) maybe with the T-Mobile launch, they want to build in a little padding to make sure they can get the stuff out on time.

Of course, this is all my conjecture ..... so who knows!!! I can tell you I am expecting to wait 2-3 weeks, if I get it in a week and a half (10-11 days) I'll be extremely happy!!

Brian
    #1 They 'receive' your money when your order placed. What incentive do they then have to bust their hump to get your phone to you? The customer must simply wait as long as it takes for the product to arrive.

#2 HS has a big incentive to give realistic shipping dates during a large product launch like this with multiple carriers. Who wants to get caught in their own web of lies with 'I'll say Friday when I really mean Wednesday'? There is nothing to be gained. Again, they have what they want; your MONEY.

#3 I could care less about T-mobile, I'm a Sprint customer.

But somebody somewhere within Handspring knows that HS has got X number of phones and Y number of orders placed for X number of phones. If Y is greater than X, peeps is gonna have to wait.

I'm not really sure why you included Outback in your little 'Handspring diabolical shipping offset algorithim theory conspiracy philosophy conjecture...thingy' but I'm sure it was for a good reason.
    Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    Originally posted by unixmonkey

#1 They 'receive' your money when your order placed. What incentive do they then have to bust their hump to get your phone to you? The customer must simply wait as long as it takes for the product to arrive.
    That is incorrect. They can not charge you for the phone until the phone ships. They can verify funds, which they do. That disappears after a day or 2 from your account. Actually charging a phone before you ship it is a violation of Federal Trade Laws and will land any company trying this in some very hot water.
    Originally posted by ferrarinu

That is incorrect. They can not charge you for the phone until the phone ships. They can verify funds, which they do. That disappears after a day or 2 from your account. Actually charging a phone before you ship it is a violation of Federal Trade Laws and will land any company trying this in some very hot water.
    EXACTLY, no charges until phone ships so they dont get any money until they fulfill the order by shipping the unit not simply putting your order into queue..
    always searching for the light..
    Not to worry:

October 21, 2003 a.m.: I place my upgrade order

October 23, 2003 p.m.: I received a confirmation "awaiting shipment" with a backorder warning of "1-2 weeks for delivery"

October 24, 2003 p.m.: I receive "shipping confirmation" with tracking information. My Treo shipped in 3 days!
  15.    #15  
    I may be a little worried now:

October 21st: Placed my order, recieved the "Order Received" message at 4:49 pm

October 22nd: "Order Received" status

October 23rd: "Order Received" status

October 24th: "Order Received" status as of 3:12 pm

Cello, congrats on your order, but count yourself lucky. Hopefully myself as well as others in the hold que will receive word soon --tomorrow maybe.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Originally posted by ferrarinu

Someone should clue Sprint in on this. If you verify funds, the next logical step is to get the funds, right? It's not as if the company calls you and asks you if you want a phone. You initiate the transaction. My point is that trying to rationalize why a company might tell you one thing and do another is a waste of brain power. Once you start applying theories and such, you might want to re-examine some things. Place your order...and WAIT. It's highly unlikely they have established this large corporation just to play mind games with someone.
    Last edited by unixmonkey; 10/27/2003 at 12:58 PM.
    Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.