Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had seen a post where if you just slightly touch the SD card when it is in its socket, it will release. This happens quite frequently when I am using the new Treo Case from Handspring (made by Superior). It is made worseby the strap on the case coming right over the top of the card and snapping into the back of the case.

Someone had mentioned using a little scotch tape to take up the slack between the card and the socket. There has to be a better way. Just bumping sometimes makes the card release from the socket. I did a search and did not find anything about this issue.

Thanks
    There was another post where someone actually filed down the top of the SD card until it was flush with the Treo 600. They said that it was clan and there was still plastic on the top. There are pictures at the PDAphonehome site.
    instead of taking such drastic stemsp as to actually void the gaurantee and possible ruin your sd cards, jsut follow the tips on this thread and all you need is scotch tape
    Scotch tape on a $600 devise, good job handspring.
    Originally posted by Steve McNerney
    Scotch tape on a $600 devise, good job handspring.
    So... you think they should have devised a better solution?
    So... you think they should have devised a better solution?
    Obvilously they should....I dont think its too much to ask to have the SD card flush on such a compact device. My SD card is directly under my index finger when making a call and the slightest pressure pops the card out.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Originally posted by Magohn
    There are 11 types of people in the world, those that understand binary numbers, those that dont and those that can't spell "device."
    Originally posted by snerdy
    LOL!!! perfect
    I bought a Fujifilm 256MB card. It sticks out a little at the top but has caused no problems. I have had it in there since I bought it two weeks ago and it has never come out unless I wanted it to.

I am still trying do devise a way to spell device myself
    devise
    tr.v. devised, devising, devises

1. To form, plan, or arrange in the mind; design or contrive: devised a new system for handling mail orders.
    2. Law. To transmit or give (real property) by will.
    3. Archaic. To suppose; imagine.

device
    n.

1. A contrivance or an invention serving a particular purpose, especially a machine used to perform one or more relatively simple tasks.
    2. a. A technique or means.
    b. A plan or scheme, especially a malign one.
    3. A literary contrivance, such as parallelism or personification, used to achieve a particular effect.
    4. A decorative design, figure, or pattern, as one used in embroidery. See Synonyms at figure.
    5. A graphic symbol or motto, especially in heraldry.
    6. Archaic. The act, state, or power of devising.

Handspring should have devised a better SD I/O slot for the device (i.e. Treo 600).

Shouldn't be so quick to be a literary genius.
    It would be nice if they built some sort of lock to keep the SD from comming out when you bump it. Mine has come out several times upon placing it in or taking it out of my case.

It would be something nice to address on a future model. The one with bluetooth, high res screen and even longer battery life despite the high res screen.
    I've been using my 600 for just one full day now and have had the SD card pop out 6 times already. I may go the route of the file as I don't want to gum up my device or cover the IR window with 3M's finest.
    LOL!!! perfect
    Jeez....I think this Christmas Santa needs to bring a dictionary to some people.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    nm... I see the tape goes around the card, not over the slot.
    sounds like a defective spring in the sd slot. mine stays in just fine. just a thought.
    ben is right over the card not the slot and it works perfecto! take care. jay
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    instead of taking such drastic stemsp as to actually void the gaurantee and possible ruin your sd cards, jsut follow the tips on this thread and all you need is scotch tape
    This is really a matter of opinion. Personally, I would much rather modify the SD card than use tape. Two people in that thread tried it and reported perfect results. I'm not telling anyone to do it, but the people that did had no problems and the card was just as it was before, only a bit shorter on the top.
    Now why the *(#$% did they make the SD slot spring loaded? If you make the SD card stick out like 3mm, and put a notch in there, then you can pull it out with your fingernails, and we can forget all this crap about SD cards popping out for no reason.

*sigh* Engineers who didn't think before they design...
    i do wonder if it is a slight difference incard to card from different companies or the t600. I have only 1 card so far a Sandisk
    512, so I cannt yet tell if other cards from other firms would react the same or not. food 4 thought, take care, jay
    ps the card was very in expensive $149 at ecost.com for 512 sd
    It was a remarkably poor design decision by HandSpring. I have a San Disk card and it sticks out enough that I have accidently released it a few times.
    My guess is they ran out of room for any other type of slot.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a card that will be flush like the plastic insert that HS included?

...ken
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast