Thanks for the info, but why would one want an alternative? Verichat is a very nicely written, reliable - COLOR - application that allows for sticky sessions and the integration of SMS for receipt of messages while in other apps or on the phone...

Just my .02c.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Any idea how it compares? Verichat has been giving me tons of problems recently so I'm looking for alternatives. I hate having to reconnect everytime I switch out of it, and sometimes people's IMs don't go through to my phone.
  3.    #4  
    I am trying to find one that does not cost anually. I know the one I posted does but did not see that until after i posted. Why is there an anual charge? Trillian does the same thing for the desktop an they have a free version. Just seems wrong to pay that much per year to use free services.
    Chatter will be released within the next two weeks. IM plus IMAP eMail (if desired)... More information around TC - if you search. Or ask for comments from current users...

-m
    Verichat isn't free because you're actually connecting through their proxy servers. This is what allows you to exit the Verichat app but still stay logged into the chat-services.

When you receive a message the Verichat proxy server will SMS you with any IMs .

So Verichat is really both an application and the proxy service.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Chatter is awesome and is coming very soon. you should consider giving it a try.

Keith
    From what I read, both Verichat (currently use) and Chatter both require annual subscriptions. In addition, I see nothing really different between the two. So, I'll stick with Verichat. It works great for my wife and I.
    Just a note... Chatter doesn't have an annual subscription. And they are VERY, VERY different!

Marc
    Check the link and read closely. It states:

The price of this product includes the first year of service and any version upgrades of the client within this year.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...xtSearch=yahoo

--------

Originally posted by mblank
    Just a note... Chatter doesn't have an annual subscription. And they are VERY, VERY different!

Marc