1.    #1  
    I could not find a previous thread about this here, there is one in the utility software section. Sorry for the cross post.

Just received an email fromPDAApps. They hope to be sending me a beta application by the end of the weekend, and if nothing turns up, a general release of the Alert Manager will be next week.
    Carl
    Thanks for the post (even if it is cross)...
    Please post problems if they arise...
    YIPPIE!!!!!!!

The perfect utilities!!..

Treo600SMS....Verichat........Alert Manager600 !!!!!!

All from www.pdaapps.com

YES!!!!!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    it will be interesting to see if the software functions properly with the keyboard lock on. i hope they've considered this. snappermails audio alarm does not consistantly work with the keyboard lock in play.
    Originally posted by JTREOB
    it will be interesting to see if the software functions properly with the keyboard lock on. i hope they've considered this. snappermails audio alarm does not consistantly work with the keyboard lock in play.
    Snappermail audio alerts do not work consistantly regardless of the keyboard lock. I don't have k/b lock enabled and I still do not get my alerts 100%. FYI

L
    Lee Ladisky
  6.    #6  
    I have just received a beta of this app from PDAApps and will be testing it out today. I will post more info later. PDAApps has indicated if the beta does not uncover any issues, general availability will be later this week. I guess at least one bug has already been discovered and corrected as I received 2 updates.
    Carl
    I've been beta testing since yesterday. so far, so good.
    Damm...I thought the update was a secret since I got it from them via email....LOL

IGO

installing in a few minutes!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  9.    #9  
    I had some trouble installing this. I had an old version of Treo300 alert manager and my hot sync failed. So I tried to delete the old version, but no matter what I tried I could not delete the old version of the software (it was disabled). I tried to do a soft reset, but still could not delete the old app. I finally had to delete the Treo Alert Manager out of my backup folder on my laptop and then do a hard reset and resync everything. (obviously that worked). When I installed the T600 version after the hard reset and restore, my Treo did a soft reset. But a subsequent hot sync worked fine and now the application seems to work fine. The interface is the same as the T300 program and it traps monitors for, text messages (pages), missed calls and voice mails.

I also like that your "nag" tone can be different from your voice mail or text message tone. I use "triange" for a voice mail tone and "treo classic" for my text message/page tone, but for the nag I perfer just a simple alart sound.

Way to go PDAApps!
    Carl
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Damm...I thought the update was a secret since I got it from them via email....LOL

IGO

installing in a few minutes!!!
    the beta is not a secret. i emailed and asked if it was ok that I posted info about the beta. they said fine.
    Carl
    Works great for me too.

One thing I noticed though is it doesn't repeat the alarm while the screen is on. I had my Treo 600 set to turn off after 3 minutes of inactivity. The screen automatically comes on when your receive an alert. TreoAlertMgr doesn't kick in with the repeating alarms until the screen goes off so I changed my "turn off" time to 1 minutes.

Larry
    Could someone email or PM me a copy???

Pretty Please???

Tina