1.    #1  
    I just purchased a new SD Expansion Card for my Treo 600. For now, I am just planning on putting some MP3 files on this card so that I can use the Treo as my MP3 Player. I dont have a SD reader on my desktop PC. Is there any way I can transfer MP3 files from my desktop PC to the SD Expansion Card that is now installed in the Treo or do I have to buy some sort of reader???
    Originally posted by howiedog
    I just purchased a new SD Expansion Card for my Treo 600. For now, I am just planning on putting some MP3 files on this card so that I can use the Treo as my MP3 Player. I dont have a SD reader on my desktop PC. Is there any way I can transfer MP3 files from my desktop PC to the SD Expansion Card that is now installed in the Treo or do I have to buy some sort of reader???
    From the Pocket Tunes userguide (readme.html)

To transfer an audio file to your memory card using Palm's HotSync program, follow these steps.

Start the Palm Install Tool. This is installed as part of Palm Desktop. On Windows, it is on your Start Menu under the "Palm Desktop" folder.
    Click the Add button. The "Open" dialog will appear.
    Where it says "Files of type:", select "All Files (*.*)".
    Select an MP3, Ogg Vorbis, or WAV file (*.mp3, *.ogg, or *.wav) and click "Open".
    Perform a HotSync.
    go.digital
    Originally posted by dulan

From the Pocket Tunes userguide (readme.html)

To transfer an audio file to your memory card using Palm's HotSync program, follow these steps.

Start the Palm Install Tool. This is installed as part of Palm Desktop. On Windows, it is on your Start Menu under the "Palm Desktop" folder.
    Click the Add button. The "Open" dialog will appear.
    Where it says "Files of type:", select "All Files (*.*)".
    Select an MP3, Ogg Vorbis, or WAV file (*.mp3, *.ogg, or *.wav) and click "Open".
    Perform a HotSync.
    Hotsync takes forever to transfer large mp3 files. From what I understand, the reader is worth the extra dollars.
    Hot Sync is slower, but I have no issues with the SD card when using it with Pocket Tunes. Files transferred with my reader cause all sorts of problems with Pocket Tunes.
    Just DL'd 15 MP3's (avg. 5MB ea.) in about 15 minutes...not too shabby really!

Sounds cool even with just the external speaker.
    SprintTreoUser, I'm having the same problem. My card reader hangs my pc when I try to read a card after I have played an mp3 on it in the Treo with pocket tunes. I thought maybe my reader was bad. I found that if I format the card in the treo. Then I can use the card without problems in the SD reader with my PC. But when I put an .mp3 file on the card and then stick it back into the Treo and play the song and then put the card back in my PC's reader, my system will hang as soon as I hover the mouse over one of the files in Windows explorer. Glad you pointed out that you have problems too. Does anyone have any idea what pocket tunes is doing to the SD card that is causing the card to fail when put in an SD reader?
    SprintTreoUser, I'm having the same problem. My card reader hangs my pc when I try to read a card after I have played an mp3 on it in the Treo with pocket tunes. I thought maybe my reader was bad. I found that if I format the card in the treo. Then I can use the card without problems in the SD reader with my PC. But when I put an .mp3 file on the card and then stick it back into the Treo and play the song and then put the card back in my PC's reader, my system will hang as soon as I hover the mouse over one of the files in Windows explorer. Glad you pointed out that you have problems too. Does anyone have any idea what pocket tunes is doing to the SD card that is causing the card to fail when put in an SD reader?
    Originally posted by treotim

Hotsync takes forever to transfer large mp3 files. From what I understand, the reader is worth the extra dollars.

The reader is definately worth the money. I purchased a reader this week from Best Buy. It's made by SanDisk (model number SDDR-93). It was $19.99. It accepts SD and MMC cards. There was also another reader made by SanDisk for $4.99. It was USB Version 1.1 and the more expensive one was USB 2.0 .
    Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    This is going to be my solution. Check it out! I think this is a cool SD reader. My friend has one for his zire. Its also small in size too. http://www.simpletech.com/usbflashdrives/index.php Let me know what you think.
    I use one of those USB readers. About 11 - so under $20.

Worth it.
    -
    Edward Green
    www.treospace.co.uk
    I have had no problems at all. From CompUSA I purchased a Lexmarmedia USB 2.0 multi-card reader. It transfers files to/from the 541mb SD card with not a problem. $ well spent. So well spent that I have spent lots of time moving things around and subsequently restoring with Backupbuddy.

Regards,

Ben
    ------

Originally posted by howiedog