Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those who have been using the magical beast for a few days/weeks now, what are your top 3 to 6 extras with a rough cost and a brief explanation (if needed) of why that particular extra.

I've got time on my hands until mine arrives, and I need to buy something that will ship quickly since the Treo is still just an order in the system.

1. 256 MB SD? $80
    2. Certain kind of headset? $150
    3. Cradle and charger? $50
    4. Blue tooth SD 128 MB Combo card?
    5. ?
    6. ?
    Originally posted by joelbra
    For those who have been using the magical beast for a few days/weeks now, what are your top 3 to 6 extras with a rough cost and a brief explanation (if needed) of why that particular extra.

I've got time on my hands until mine arrives, and I need to buy something that will ship quickly since the Treo is still just an order in the system.

1. 256 MB SD? $80
    2. Certain kind of headset? $150
    3. Cradle and charger? $50
    4. Blue tooth SD 128 MB Combo card?
    5. ?
    6. ?
    Why wait... you can get this extra today:

256MB Sandisk Card at Costco $64.99 (you'll need it to try out the MP3 player)
    go.digital
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    What do you meam Bluetooth SD combo card?? Does that mean there is a Bluetooth card out that will work on the 600 with the palm 5 os???
    Get a 512MB SD card. I filled my 256MB card up in no time with MP3 files. Sure wish someone would write somethign to play Windows Media files. They're much smaller.

Larry
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    Get a 512MB SD card. I filled my 256MB card up in no time with MP3 files. Sure wish someone would write somethign to play Windows Media files. They're much smaller.

Larry
    I did 64k encoding (mp3), and it sounded alright and not too much space. Still would like to see a wma player tho
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    What are the steps, the program, the whole explanation please.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    HEY!!

No one responded to the Bluetooth SP 128MB Combo card. Is this thing for real??

Please someone, repsond on this. Thanks.

If I can find a bluetooth card for the Treo 600, I will buy it tomorrow. Its the lack of Bluetooth that is holding me off from buying it.

Thanks everyone!
    I'm most interested in a quality combo headset in which I can listen to mp3's in stereo and conduct phone conversations. Where are the recommendations for that?
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  9.    #9  
    I believe there is not yet either a bluetooth card or a headset that will act as stereo headphones and a mic....

But I don't own one yet and I'm hoping that someone who does will enlighten us on what they've found works well.
    There is no bluetooth card and the term "combo" refers to a card which acts as a storage medium as well as a bluetooth adaptor.
    Originally posted by omar_g
    There is no bluetooth card and the term "combo" refers to a card which acts as a storage medium as well as a bluetooth adaptor.
    Would this bluetooth card work?

Palm Bluetooth SD Card

This is the smallest Bluetooth card available in the US. Made by Toshiba, the Palm Bluetooth card comes in the dimunutive SD card format. Any Palm with an SD card slot can use this card for wireless Internet access via a BT cell phone or BT network access point, to Hotsync wirelessly to a desktop/notebook computer and to share info with other BT Palm PDAs.

If not, why not?

Thanks.
    Office Depot in Honolulu, Hi had a bluetooth card. There was no one there though to give me any information about it. It does fit into the T600's top slot.

Ben

-------

Originally posted by ccap
    HEY!!

No one responded to the Bluetooth SP 128MB Combo card. Is this thing for real??

Please someone, repsond on this. Thanks.

If I can find a bluetooth card for the Treo 600, I will buy it tomorrow. Its the lack of Bluetooth that is holding me off from buying it.

Thanks everyone!
    It was my understanding that there is not yet a Palm OS5 bluetooth driver. I hope I am wrong!!
    Originally posted by dulan

Why wait... you can get this extra today:

256MB Sandisk Card at Costco $64.99 (you'll need it to try out the MP3 player)
    is that all you paid for the 256mb Secure digital card? how fast is the transfer speed, i have the panasonic one rated at 2mb/s and it cost me USD80 for the 128mb one.
  15.    #15  
    The SanDisk 256MB SD card is available on pricegrabber for $64.00, but there appears to be some problems with data corruption on the card, judging from the reviews.

Pricegrabber User Reviews of Sandisk 256MB

SanDisk has a WiFi SD card for $85 that is supposed to have Palm OS 5.0 support "this fall."

Link to the SD Wifi Card

Lastly, here is a link to a SanDisk Ultra II 256MB card that has a 9MB/second write speed which seems a lot faster than what I've got in my current camera for only $85.00

Buy.com's the lowest price I've found
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I get the Panasonic 256MB rated at 10Mbs @ Fry's for $85.
  17.    #17  
    Newer cards v. Older cards:

Do you notive a difference in data transfer speeds between your new panasonic and one of the older, slower cards?

If so, 10%, 30%, 100% faster?
    hi I only paid $149 for the 512 card at ecost, the xtra space is well worth the few bucks and it actually is cheaper than most of the cards of half the size x buying two of them, take care, jay
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Fron what I hear in previous threads, is that the Palm OS5 does not support any current Bluetooth cards. Does anyone know if the card you are talking about will work with the Palm OS % that is on the Treo 600???
    Originally posted by jeffersonh1

Would this bluetooth card work?

Palm Bluetooth SD Card

This is the smallest Bluetooth card available in the US. Made by Toshiba, the Palm Bluetooth card comes in the dimunutive SD card format. Any Palm with an SD card slot can use this card for wireless Internet access via a BT cell phone or BT network access point, to Hotsync wirelessly to a desktop/notebook computer and to share info with other BT Palm PDAs.

If not, why not?

Thanks.
    Can you provide a link? To my knowledge, there aren't ANY BT cards that are compatible with OS5. I wouldn't assume any card would unless it explcitly says says it works with OS5.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast