1.    #1  
    I inserted my SD 512mb card in my Kingston 6 and 1 reader and windows is asking me to format the card/drive.

2 ?s

What file system should it formated in??
    and
    What size should my SD card show. Windows is reporting 438mb??
    Originally posted by HumP
    I inserted my SD 512mb card in my Kingston 6 and 1 reader and windows is asking me to format the card/drive.

2 ?s

What file system should it formated in??
    and
    What size should my SD card show. Windows is reporting 438mb??
    The kingston 256mb SD that I purchased shows a file system of FAT. It's a 256mb card but shows a capacity of 245mb.

Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    anyone with a 512??

also does the treo work with fat or fat32?
    FAT (AKA FAT16) is the only way to go. Otherwise the Treo will not recognize it (in my experience)...
    Originally posted by HumP
    anyone with a 512??

also does the treo work with fat or fat32?
    Mine is showing up in my reader as the FAT file system. Total capacity is about 483mb
    I have the SanDisk 512mb card. I use the Card Info function on the Treo to format it. I tried letting windows format it, but when I put it back in the Treo, it wanted to re-format it anyway.

The available space to use on the card is always less. My available space was actually about 483.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser
    I have the SanDisk 512mb card. I use the Card Info function on the Treo to format it. I tried letting windows format it, but when I put it back in the Treo, it wanted to re-format it anyway.

The available space to use on the card is always less. My available space was actually about 483.
    ahhhh i read mine wrong it is 483 too