1.    #1  
    Hmm...

I received my 600 on Saturday and called Sunday evening to transfer service from my 300. The woman I spoke with said she could transfer the service but that the department that takes care of the $150 rebate was already closed and I'd have to call them during the week. She assured me I'd still be able to get the credit when I called later.

So, today I called...talked to a few reps who insisted that I wasn't eligible for the credit because I wasn't activating new service. Then, I just called again and spoke with a guy, telling him I just bought a 600 and am eligible for the service credit. He knew right away what I was talking about and put me on hold for a couple minutes. He came back and said it looked like my phone was already activated and I told him about the woman I spoke with sunday. He put me on hold another minute then returned and said my credit would be applied on my next billing cycle.

The confusing part is that I'm currently on a month by month plan with no extended service agreement. He mentioned nothing of extending my current service with a 2-year contract. So, it seems to me that I just got the $150 credit and am still on a month by month service plan. Once the credit is applied successfully, maybe I'll call again and see what incentive they might offer me if I decide to sign a contract

-David
    http://www.davegk.com
    it seems sprint is really bad with these credits... i got the $100 credit plus 5% off my bills without signing a contract...

too bad for them

-n
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings David.

I too am trying to obtain the same Service Credit but, have been on the SPCS CSR Merry-Go-Round with perhaps some of the most polite reps but, they alas could not help.

What number did you dial?

Thank you for your assistance.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
  4.    #4  
    I dialed 877-789-3969

It might help to say something like, "I'd like to activate new service with a 2-year plan, but I'd really prefer to keep my current phone number and it would be easier for me to just extend the plan I already have. Is there some way for that to work?"

If the rep doesn't want to cooperate, don't waste your time. Just say "Thank you" and hang up and redial.

Good Luck

-David
    http://www.davegk.com
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Thanks for your reply David. Indeed. I finally found a great CSR who, while she had no idea what I was talking about, made it happen.

She wrote (as far as I know) that I received the "run-around".

I should have known better but all is now well.

Cheers and thanks.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre