1.    #1  
    I've been reading different threads from different websites, and a common theme has emerged: we paced the halls waiting for the new addition to the family; we rejoiced in its arrival; we talk about it nonstop; we take pictures with and of it; and we fear that some unknown future event will cause it harm.

Dropped mine today. On cement. While standing. Don't worry, though, it's okay. But I did just purchase insurance from Sprint's Lockline company for $4/month. Just wanted to offer my experience so that others will not have to suffer that moment of sheer panic, as I watched my baby fall to the ground.
    dropped mine yesterday... totally dead... would not turn on or show any signs of life... sprint is replacing it
  3.    #3  
    wow. sorry, dude. why is sprint replacing it? insurance, warranty, what?
    Wait, real quick, it's not a baby, it's not part of your family, and it's not alive.

Ok, game on.
    i got the insurance... in my opinion... its well worth it... rather get insurance for a year for $48 then pay $30 for a case.
  6.    #6  
    mr man
    how do I put this-we're excited, perhaps abnormally so, but everyone gets their kicks in different ways. My post was intentionally over the top (although only by a hair!), and was designed to inform, entertain, and share. You're not going to get an argument from me about whether my treo 600 is alive and part of the family, and whether it will take care of me when I get old!!
    Well after reading these posts, I signed up for the insurance. $4 per month is nothing considering you could be out $400 to $600 to replace. I just had to get the coverage after hearing about people dropping the Treo.
    Originally posted by ido
    mr man
    how do I put this-we're excited, perhaps abnormally so, but everyone gets their kicks in different ways. My post was intentionally over the top (although only by a hair!), and was designed to inform, entertain, and share. You're not going to get an argument from me about whether my treo 600 is alive and part of the family, and whether it will take care of me when I get old!!
    I'm just playing with you guys.
  9.    #9  
    I know. Now apololgize to the baby.
    Originally posted by ido
    I know. Now apololgize to the baby.
    Man I thought I had problems thinking I was a frog
  11.    #11  
    it's not easy being green.