Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 92 of 92
  1. #81  
    purplex . did I mention your name? I guess if the shoe fits you'll wear it.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 10/26/2003 at 10:46 AM.
  2. #82  
    Originally posted by purpleX

    I still don't understand why people gets so hot and bothered with my correlating lack of significant new tcf membership vs low treo600 new ownership.

    somebody please post convincing argument why it is not a darned good indicator, or at least correspond enough to tell product acceptance.

    (and no, cause you say no isn't the explanation)

    Here's a reason you bufoon. There's no "please visit TreoCentral.com" card in the box with the Treo 600, is there? And don't give me that 'all internet searches on the Treo 600 lead to Treocentral" crap. The EXACT users we're talking about getting at the margin - non-bleeding edge folks - DON'T go home and google their new purchases. They simply USE them. THose people will NOT show up here.

    And if you *do* want evidence, just check the counts. Besides the fact that the GSM version hasn't even been released yet (which you conveniently keep ignoring), have you looked at the thread and view count for the 600 series here on the forum? The (Sprint only) product has been out for a few weeks and the 600 forum as about as much traffic as the 300 series forum, which has been out for ages!

    The Treo 600 is going to be quite successful. No amount of bitterness from you will change that, you *****.

    Hey, when is everyone else gonna figure out that this ***** was either fired from HS or simply didn't get the job he appied for? Probably b/c he's a complete *****.

    BTW, look me up anytime in NYC purple, and I'll show you how simple it can be. ANd yes, that is a threat.

    TM
    Last edited by anthonymoody; 10/26/2003 at 10:50 AM.
  3. #83  
    Originally posted by JTREOB
    purplex . did I mention your name? I guess if the shoe fits you'll wear it.
  4. #84  
    Originally posted by anthonymoody



    Here's a reason you bufoon. There's no "please visit TreoCentral.com" card in the box with the Treo 600, is there? And don't give me that 'all internet searches on the Treo 600 lead to Treocentral" crap. The EXACT users we're talking about getting at the margin - non-bleeding edge folks - DON'T go home and google their new purchases. They simply USE them. THose people will NOT show up here.

    And if you *do* want evidence, just check the counts. Besides the fact that the GSM version hasn't even been released yet (which you conveniently keep ignoring), have you looked at the thread and view count for the 600 series here on the forum? The (Sprint only) product has been out for a few weeks and the 600 forum as about as much traffic as the 300 series forum, which has been out for ages!

    The Treo 600 is going to be quite successful. No amount of bitterness from you will change that, you *****.

    Hey, when is everyone else gonna figure out that this ***** was either fired from HS or simply didn't get the job he appied for? Probably b/c he's a complete *****.

    BTW, look me up anytime in NYC purple, and I'll show you how simple it can be. ANd yes, that is a threat.

    TM
    That's uncalled for. If you don't agree with PurpleX's position or attitude there's nothing wrong with that, but slinging insults, names, and threats is childish.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  5. #85  
    Originally posted by Insp_Gadget


    That's uncalled for. If you don't agree with PurpleX's position or attitude there's nothing wrong with that, but slinging insults, names, and threats is childish.
    The Purple Queen's motive is to get you all worked up and get the thread out of control. This one is getting there and will be closed soon - therefore another victory for PurpleX. At this point in time we should all realize what her agenda is and should simply ignore her posts! I've said this before and I will say it again - SHE is a f........g TROLL!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  6. #86  
    Discussing posters and their motives is for Yahoo message boards, not here.

    You gotaa problem with a poster's posts? - counter them or ignore them.

    But mentioning a poster, no matter what the agenda or ferquency of contrary-to-your-view posts, is silly and belongs elsewhere.
  7. #87  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Discussing posters and their motives is for Yahoo message boards, not here.

    You gotaa problem with a poster's posts? - counter them or ignore them.

    But mentioning a poster, no matter what the agenda or ferquency of contrary-to-your-view posts, is silly and belongs elsewhere.
    now there is some constructive criticism.

    there's no doubt, one is always better served by ignoring ignorance.
  8. purpleX
    purpleX's Avatar
    #88  
    And don't give me that 'all internet searches on the Treo 600 lead to Treocentral" crap. The EXACT users we're talking about getting at the margin - non-bleeding edge folks - DON'T go home and google their new purchases. They simply USE them. THose people will NOT show up here.
    gimme a break, average joe doesn't buy a $400+ phone with a built in thumboard. Even Handspring tries to push Treo as "early adopter" gadget.

    Sorry, but treo600 hasn't achieved the ubiquity of Nokia yet.

    And if you *do* want evidence, just check the counts. Besides the fact that the GSM version hasn't even been released yet (which you conveniently keep ignoring), have you looked at the thread and view count for the 600 series here on the forum? The (Sprint only) product has been out for a few weeks and the 600 forum as about as much traffic as the 300 series forum, which has been out for ages!
    In case you haven't noticed treo 300 isn't exactly a box office hit, as indicated by forum mind share. It's comatose since the beginning. Anything will compared favorably against that. The question is how much and what does the increase means in term of treo sales and public acceptance. (the one we want to extrapolates remember?)

    point taken on GSM version, tho' from the little ownership poll, it doesn't seem to be a big wave of new owners. (about 20-30%)

    of course if Handspring is on 'we are hip yo' mode, it would already put out a press release telling how they sold 20K units in 3 days. 20K is an eye poping number, even nintendo and nokia will take notice and bow in respect. But like I say, if Handspring push 20K in 3 days, treo central forum will be crashing from traffic load by now instead of ocassional mid week slow down.

    The sale, from what I sense, is higher than HS initial anticipation, but far lower than impression made by those fluff reviews . My wild guess would be somewhere around 5-8K units floating on the street by now. It's nowehere near 10-20K. Again I could be wrong, but so far there is no official number.

    but hey, those are just guessing number game right.
    It still doesn't answer if treo600 is worth buying or not. I'd say it doesn't.
  9. #89  
    Originally posted by purpleX


    So still no alternate explanation to dispute it? Sounds more like denial to me, not even a decent BS.

    thanks for playing.
    *sigh*

    Why do I have to explain anything? I'm just pointing something out about your reasoning. I don't even own a treo.

    Besides, the numbers you quote are meaningless. Basing stuff on forum memberships is laughable.

    Michael
  10. #90  
    > ...My wild guess would be somewhere around 5-8K units
    > floating on the street by now...

    If you are counting "The World" that may be true.

    We "know" that HAND said they shipped 19,000 TREO 600s. I guess it's pretty valid to thus conclude no more than that were sold.

    Though we don't know the breakdown of CDMA to GSM models, we DO have at least three solid datapoints stating that Sprint received a shipment of 2000-3000 (as noted elsewhere on this web site numerous times)

    Frankly, I think some subset of that 3000 has been sold, sufficent in size to cause Sprint to warn on its web site "temporarily sold out" but not actually BE sold out due to most of those being in the field.

    I seriously (VERY seriously) doubt the TREO 600 is sold out in Europe.

    5000?

    Maybe.

    (big maybe)
  11. iJITSU's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #91  
    Originally posted by Insp_Gadget


    That's uncalled for. If you don't agree with PurpleX's position or attitude there's nothing wrong with that, but slinging insults, names, and threats is childish.
    Childish is hanging out on a site and spending the time it takes to generate 500+ posts all for the sake of ragging the people or the products of that forum. And I believe the "thanks for playing" comment wraps up the person's mental attributes. You have to search long and hard to find a more immature and cliché line.
  12. #92  
    there's nothing constructive happening here anymore. closing down.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions