1.    #1  
    My e-mail to them today, maybe I'll get some info back?
    ========================================

Dear Cingular sales,

I have been a customer of yours for years, even when you were PacBell Wireless. I've had and used the Handspring Visor Prism with a Visor Phone and the Handspring Treo 270 on your GSM/GPRS service for the last 3 years. I want to upgrade to the Handspring Treo 600 as soon as possible. You have provided me, your customer, with no information about when or if you plan to support or sell this phone.

I consider myself to be an early adopter of the newest technology and the Treo 600 is something I am highly motivated to acquire. My alternatives are to switch to Sprint, which is currently selling this phone or T-Mobile, which will begin selling it sometime next week. While I do not expect that you will begin selling this phone immediately; it would help me and others that are in the same position to have some information about what your plans are for selling and/or supporting the Treo 600. If you plan to sell and support the Treo 600; it would be ideal if you could provide me with a date of when you will.

Thank you,

Michael
    Keep us posted as I'm in the same position but am really thinking about switching to T-Mo since they share Cingular's network here in LA anyways, so I know what the service will be like plus T-Mo actually has better service/data plans then Cingular. I just really hate to have to change my phone # and don't want to wait til end of Nov for # portibility either.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    If Cingular doesn't announce something by Monday, then I'm moving to TMO for sure. Thanks for having the initiative to write the letter. I desperately hope you receive something back very soon. Is it me, or does it just seem like there's a real lack of Cingular discussions about availability on this board?

I know more about Sprint and TMO and their accompanying data plans because of the lack of Cingular info and I'm really, really tempted to jump ship.
  4.    #4  
    Interesting, Cingular has a marketing doc (PDF) on their site for the Treo 600:

Look under GSM phones -

http://www.cingular.com/customer_ser...es#PhAndDevice

Michael