1.    #1  
    Allright, I've had this thing for a week. Some comments and observations:

Proish

• I'm quite happy with the form factor. It's not that much bigger than a normal clamshell phone. And it's not as if a clamshell can magically fit into many places that a t600 can't. It fits comfortably into front or back pants pockets, inside jacket pockets, outside jacket pockets, etc. (Just as the t300 did.) It is a biit slippery though, due to its "bar of soap" rounded edges. I plan to put some sorta grip tape down the long sides of the back.
    • The screen is actually too bright for me sometimes. A little blinding if I'm using it while laying in bed. (Makes a good flashlight though.) It'd be nice if the brightness slider had a wider range on the low end, or if the dimmer switch on the "P" key brought it down even lower. This does, though, mean it's more readable in bright sunlight. It still washes out in blazing direct sunlight, but in all other cases it's very usable.
    • Keyboard works fine for me. I have normal man-sized hands and have no trouble typing on it. Had none with the t300 either. The key (for me at least) is to use the tips of my fingers, not the flats. I press the keys with my fingers at somewhere more than a 45 degree angle.
    • Blazer3 seems MUCH faster. Wish i knew someone in the area with a t300 (If somebody would buy my old one, I would. ) so we could test them side by side.
    • Better signal strength than my t300. There were very few spots in my normal travel where I did not get sufficient signal with the 300. There are even fewer now. If I had to guesstimate, I'd say I'm getting about half a bar better signal everywhere.
    • Battery time is great. This has seldom been an issue for me as I don't typically spend 5+ hours a day on the phone and I charge every night as well as whenever I'm in the car. But occasioanlly a combination of phone use and PDA use would get me into a pretty low battery state on my t300. I don't think I've had the t600 much below 50% battery remaining yet, despite all the extra usage it's seeing as I play with the new device.
    • More memory & processor speed is alwaysgood.

Connish - Some of these were things I was aware of before I bought the t600.

• I seem to be sending a few more calls than normal to voicemail. Not sure if this is due to my increased data use or some weird quirk. This is something that I'll be monitoring closely.
    • Ringtones in general seem lower than the t300 and downloaded midi rings in specific are often so low as to be effectively useless. The beta version of TC Ringer for the t600 seems to have helped a bit. They seem noticibly louder now, though still not as loud as I'd like them to be. Does anyone know of a good freeware midi editing program that would easily increase the volume of midi files?
    • Man, I'd really like to have seen built in Bluetooth. For no other reason than to use a wireless headset. When we get a BT SDIO card, is it actually gonna let us use headsets? And I'm not so keen on losing my data storage space, unless I can get a combined BT/memory card.
    • I'd certainly like a voice recorder also. This, along with BT, could have been used for voice dialing. It's sure be nice to hit one button on a wireless headset, say "Home" and have it dial without even taking the t600 outta a pocket. There's been some conflicting reports as to whether the t600 is actually capable of voice recording or not. Some have said that it's just a matter of HS releasing the dev information. Others have reported that HS says it's not possible.
    • The camera is pretty weak. It had no bearing on my purchase of this phone, but if you're gonna include it, make it worthwhile. Seeing some of the decent pics shot indoors which have been posted, it almost seems as if there's 2 different quality of cameras showing up in these things. I'm a pretty good shot with a camera and have not been able to get much in the way of acceptable pictures indoors. The fact that the "share" option sends them to a server and then sends a link to the recipient SUCKS. No easy way to use a picture blog (www.moblog.com). Though I'm not sure I'd even want to try, considering the limitations of the camera. (IF the comment which I saw about the t600 getting a better CCD in a hardware revision shortly down the road is true, I'm gonna demand a replacement from HS.) A small complaint, but I wish that when you entered the pictures list it would remember which category you were last in. If I want to just check the pics that I've taken with the camera I've got to switch away from the "all" category which shows my Caller ID pics and whatnot.
    • Speaking of Caller ID pics, I hope that PDA Apps reverses its decision not to upgrade PictureCallerID for the t600. I'd really like to be able to assign pics to numbers not in my Favorites list. Would be nice to be able to assign to groups like TC Ringer allows for ringtones. And the wildcard option was great for me, as I recieve calls from one person who always uses a calling card. The caller ID can be from one of about 5 or 6 different numbers, depending on which switching trunk routes her call to me. None of them, of course, are the home number which is in my Favorites.
    • IMO, the placement of the headset jack is poor. Should be up on the top for conveniences sake.
    • I pray every day that there will be some 3rd party software which allows the use of the 5-way center button to turn on the t600. I'm doubting that it's possibly though. I miss the jog dial for this reason alone. I want an easy way to check the time / date / calendar without having to gve up one of the regular 4 app buttons. A press of the jog dial on my t300 would bring up MegaClock (or BigClock, maClock, etc). Right now I've got the screen button set to do it (as it's redundant anyways), but I'd much rather set that to Web or something. I'm gonna try "ClockPop5" as soon as I get back to my sync cable at home, but unless it can show me a full months calendar it's not gonna do what I want.
    • Graffitti not enabled sucks! No easy way to enter shortcuts. Yeah, I enabled Jot but I'm not fluent with it. I've read that some of the other alternatives are working (newpen, Grafitti Anywhere) so I may have to check them out. Seems rediculous that this isn't enabled from the start though. Yes, the keyboard is wonderful, but many of us are very familiar with Grafitti and would like the ability to keep using that knowledge. Taking AWAY options is never a good idea.
    • Along those lines, why are we not able to choose what screen we want to start with when we hit the phone button? I think many of us would prefer to start with our favorites up. 99% of the time for most of us, when we go to the phone we're gonna dial someone from our favorites. Make the favorites a little smaller, put the selection menu on the bottom as it is now, and there ya go. Another ***** here: Why can't we alter the fonts in the Favorites boxes? Half of the names in my list don't fit on their bottons. Or the symbol designating which number it is (Mobile, Home, Work, etc.) doesn't show up on the button.
    • Throwing in advertisement icons & Blazer bookmarks that we can't remove is ****ty. Screw You Sprint! If I want to buy software from your Handango store, I can find it myself. If I want Business Connect I know I do, and can get it myself.

Programs installed on my t600:

Launcher III (Still the only 3x4 icons launcher with tabs and a status line.)
    AvantoGo
    Treo600SMS
    Verichat
    Eudora Mail
    DateMate
    pTunes
    Acrobat Reader
    jFile 5
    TealDoc (with several novels)
    Kinoma
    Splash ID
    Splash Shopper
    TealPaint
    DinkyPad
    Beam Box
    FileZ
    Jot
    Disable buttons 2.1
    QLaunch
    TCRinger t600 beta
    MegaClock
    A whole crapload of games

7.2M of 23.8M remaining.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Doug Hillman

• Throwing in advertisement icons & Blazer bookmarks that we can't remove is ****ty. Screw You Sprint! If I want to buy software from your Handango store, I can find it myself. If I want Business Connect I know I do, and can get it myself.

You probably thought of this, but I found that I could at least drag these locked bookmarks to page 10 of the Blazer bookmarks page, where I'm not likely to see them any time soon. It still sucks that you can't just delete them (or does someone here know how to do that?).

Is it possible to beam Blazer 2.0 bookmarks? I was able to beam my EudoraWeb bookmarks from my Treo 300 to the 600, but Blazer (ver. 2.1) on my 300 doesn't seem to have that ability, and the Treo 600 install CD didn't transfer any of them. Boo hoo.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by sorabji
    Originally posted by Doug Hillman

[list]
    [*]

Is it possible to beam Blazer 2.0 bookmarks? I was able to beam my EudoraWeb bookmarks from my Treo 300 to the 600, but Blazer (ver. 2.1) on my 300 doesn't seem to have that ability, and the Treo 600 install CD didn't transfer any of them. Boo hoo.
    I just beamed BLBookmark from my 270 to the 600 using fileZ and it worked perfectly. Four pages of accumulated bookmarks on my 270 now reside on my 600!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by millerhifi

I just beamed BLBookmark from my 270 to the 600 using fileZ and it worked perfectly. Four pages of accumulated bookmarks on my 270 now reside on my 600!
    Nice. Wish I'd had FileZ on my Treo 300.

For anyone who cares, I accidentally discovered another way of doing this.
    I noticed that the Blazer bookmarks from my Treo 300 were saved to the "Palm OS5 Incompatible Applications" folder. Filename is BLBookmark.PDB. This folder was created during the Treo 600 Setup.

Click on BLBookmark.PDB, synch the Treo 600, and my 6 pages of bookmarks are loaded up again.
  5. k.m
    Hello,

I have a question regarding the screen brightness of the treo 600.
    I own a Tungsten T2 at the moment and plan to get a Treo 600 as soon as it is available in Germany. For the Tungsten T2 I use a Software called PalmCheck 1.0 ( find it here ) to lower the brightness more than I could with the normal brightness slider. The backlight is almost off and this is very useful in dark areas (like being in bed in night).
    Could someone try this on the Treo 600 and tell me if it works, too? Maybe it's better to make a backup before...

Best regards,

k.m
    Originally posted by k.m
    Hello,

I have a question regarding the screen brightness of the treo 600.
    I own a Tungsten T2 at the moment and plan to get a Treo 600 as soon as it is available in Germany. For the Tungsten T2 I use a Software called PalmCheck 1.0 ( find it here ) to lower the brightness more than I could with the normal brightness slider. The backlight is almost off and this is very useful in dark areas (like being in bed in night).
    Could someone try this on the Treo 600 and tell me if it works, too? Maybe it's better to make a backup before...

Best regards,

k.m

Yes, It works fine!
    Originally posted by tmc19108

Yes, It works fine!
    Works fine? Thats a little optimistic. It certainly doesn't crash and runs, but it doesn't do what k.m. wanted it to do. That is you cannot lower the brightness beyond what the normal brightness slider can. They both control brightness equally, which makes PalmCheck useless.