1.    #1  
    I've had the 600 for a week now after upgrading from the 300. I love it and think it is a big improvement on the 300. Here are a few requests from either 3rd party or HS. If any of these can already be done please let me know:

- Voice memo. I know this has been covered but I still find it hard to believe that a $600 phone with mp3 playing capability can't do what my $50 phone 4 years ago could do, record my voice for 30 seconds.

- Plugged-in preference. I would like some preferences to have two options, one for when it is on battery and one for when it's plugged in, kind of like the Sound Mode On/Off preferences. I would like to have the phone not auto-timeout when it is plugged in on my desk so the clock or Splashphoto slide show stays on.

- More Shortcuts or at least 2-digit phone dialing. Maybe SmartPhone can implement a better quick dial scheme. 50 favorites just isn't enough.

- Better programmable shortcuts. You should be able to access a shortcut from any app by holding down a specific key or option-hold-down, not just from the Phone App.

- Dimming stays between on/off. It is frusrating to be using the phone in a situation where I want it dimmed and to have it come back on full brightness the next time I turn it on. I know I can go into the prefs and change the brightness but... I don't want to!

Phil
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Originally posted by philipgood

- Plugged-in preference. I would like some preferences to have two options, one for when it is on battery and one for when it's plugged in, kind of like the Sound Mode On/Off preferences. I would like to have the phone not auto-timeout when it is plugged in on my desk so the clock or Splashphoto slide show stays on.
    OnCradleOn is a nifty little app that's been working well for me...
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...6&prodID=11198
    I also am looking for a couple of features:

1. I would really like some way to set the favorites screen to the default screen when I hit the home button.

2. I would likewise like to be able to assign a button to Contacts. Having to hit Phone and then a direction is completely stupid for a PDA.

3. Access my work calendar via the BizConn applet from the Treo - not just via the web, but a local copy.
    -former