1.    #1  
    I just tried to load some MIDI files to use as ringtones, and I'm getting an error message saying that my files are either bigger than 64K or have more than one channel. The files are small (less than 8K) but they do have more than one channel. They are parts actual songs that I wrote and have multiple instruments. I thought that that was the whole purpose of having polyphonic ringtones which is that one can have full instrumentation. I know that it is possible for the Treo to play multi-instrument MIDI files, because the ringtones that Sprint sells have this feature (and even some of the default tones seem to have multiple instruments). So how do I get these MIDIs on the Treo. I can, of course, do whatever editing is necessary, but I don't want to have to cut down on the instrumentation. Does anyone here know how to do this?
    Regards,

Robert
    I have successfully imported and used polyphonic midi files by emailing the midi files to myself, then accessing my email with my treo.
    As long as the midi is available, you can also go to any website and click on a midi. It will download into your ringtones automatically. I'm having a lot of fun with www.middb.com!
    How do you do this? If I send them to my Treo and use Snappermail, it shows the attachment and lets me save it to an SD card. But no matter where I put it, it's not recognized. What do you do?

Originally posted by Riggster
    I have successfully imported and used polyphonic midi files by emailing the midi files to myself, then accessing my email with my treo.
    Only the built-in Mail app on the GSM Treo 600 sees MIDI files in the right way. On a CDMA Treo 600 , you have to download them from a web page. I am not sure if BC also supports MID file attachments like the Handspring Mail app.

SnapperMail needs an update to be able to see the MIME types in Treo 600.
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    Only the built-in Mail app on the GSM Treo 600 sees MIDI files in the right way. On a CDMA Treo 600 , you have to download them from a web page. I am not sure if BC also supports MID file attachments like the Handspring Mail app.

SnapperMail needs an update to be able to see the MIME types in Treo 600.
    Has anyone figured out how to strip the built-in Mail app from the GSM unit out? I am upset that this did not come with the Sprint version especially since it was in the emulator.
    Snapper mail handles .mid attachments correctly, at least for me so far.

Bruce
    Last edited by suaspont; 10/24/2003 at 05:32 PM.
    It receives the midi file fine, but how do you add it to the ringtones? I only seem to have the option of saving the attachment and no matter where I save it on the card, it's not seen by the system. Are you doing something different?

Originally posted by suaspont
    Snapper mail handles .mid attachments correctly, at least for me so far.

Bruce
    3gupload.com supports wireless web based downloads for the treo 600
    When you open the attachment in SnapperMail, select Open with Sounds. Then it will save it on the internal phone memory and you can use the MIDI as a ring tone.