Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Hey all,

After trying Of-It and finding out that it worked sometimes and not others, I asked Marc Blank (creator of Chatter) about how difficult a program like this would be to make. Long story short he created a small program that turns off the screen for the Treo 600 and it appears to work. It has not been tested much at all and has no guarantee, but he said I could post it here for all who wanted it. I have it mapped to a opt-button and it worked when I tested it. If you have problems feel free to message me and I will see if it is possible to fix them. Use at your own risk.

Keith
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Works great on mine!! Highly recomended!! Does not appear to have the problem the off program did, having to run a application beforehand!

Thanks.
    The "Sandman" application does not work for me. It too cuts off the speaker and the microphone once the screen is turned off. I have hardware version B.

-M-
    Originally posted by yitzchakis
    Works great on mine!! Highly recomended!! Does not appear to have the problem the off program did, having to run a application beforehand!

Thanks.
    GREAT Program..use it mapped to an option button if you call it from the home screen it will kill the speaker.
    Originally posted by zipdrive007

GREAT Program..use it mapped to an option button if you call it from the home screen it will kill the speaker.

It was really nice of Marc to make this app, unfortunately in my case, it still has the effect that "off-it" had. Even if I map it to a button, it kills the speaker as soon as it is activated.
    Originally posted by peridoc
    Hey all,

After trying Of-It and finding out that it worked sometimes and not others, I asked Marc Blank (creator of Chatter) about how difficult a program like this would be to make. Long story short he created a small program that turns off the screen for the Treo 600 and it appears to work. It has not been tested much at all and has no guarantee, but he said I could post it here for all who wanted it. I have it mapped to a opt-button and it worked when I tested it. If you have problems feel free to message me and I will see if it is possible to fix them. Use at your own risk.

Keith
    Couple of suggestions for this program that should be fairly easy:

1) During a call, if you run the application again, I would like it to automatically return me to the phone application.

2) If I turn off the screen with the assigned button and then run the sandman application/push the button again, some strange internal sandman text appears?

Does this actually turn off the unit as well like the built in power off button if you are NOT in a call?
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by paulsjmail

It was really nice of Marc to make this app, unfortunately in my case, it still has the effect that "off-it" had. Even if I map it to a button, it kills the speaker as soon as it is activated.
    Ok this worked for me and BEFORE I did this is WOULD turn off the speaker.

I mapped the program to the "phone" button as the option.

I press option phone screen is off speaker is on.

When done I just hit the phone button again to hang up or what ever...works GREAT!

And yes if you hit option phone NOT in a call it does turn the screen off.

Hardware REV A
    in my Treo web browsing the link doesn't show up. Can someone post it in the text section?
    THANKS

When done I just hit the phone button again to hang up or what ever...works GREAT!

Hardware REV A
    It looks like it might take another iteration to get this to work for everyone.

Hardware REV A
    Ok, I tested my guess about the hardware revision. Off-It doesn't work for me. So I did a hard reset, and it DID work. (Gotta love a 1-minute restore from the SD card). There's something in the software, or preferences, that is not playing nice. I'll try to do a hard reset and NOT restore the prefs, that way, we'll know if it's the prefs or if it's some software.
    Got it (Sort of)!!!!! Here's what you do:

Backup everything to an SD card. Do a hard reset. Restore everything but the unsaved and saved preferences. I did this, and now, Off-It works. SO: we know the problem is most likely NOT caused by some software. It is not caused by DisButtons or CoLauncher. Now I'll try resetting my prefs one at a time, to see what the culprit was.

Sounds great, but all of those saved and unsaved prefs store your registration information. SnapperMail turned into a trial version without the unsaved preferences. And it IS a pain to restore all the preferences, anyway. I restored saved and unsaved prefs, and Off-It stopped working. (Which is fine, as long as I get all my registered apps back). I'm starting to think the prefs that matter might be in the phone app itself.
    Last edited by skfny; 10/26/2003 at 06:46 PM.
    One more time. I tried playing around with all the prefs, and it WORKS!!! CoLauncher and the O button get the job done, speaker stays on. I think the clincher was the auto-off time. I changed it to 2 mins. Then Off-It worked. Then I set it back to 1 min, and it still worked. For those who are having problems, try chaging the auto-off time, let us know if that's the key.
    Originally posted by skfny
    One more time. I tried playing around with all the prefs, and it WORKS!!! CoLauncher and the O button get the job done, speaker stays on. I think the clincher was the auto-off time. I changed it to 2 mins. Then Off-It worked. Then I set it back to 1 min, and it still worked. For those who are having problems, try chaging the auto-off time, let us know if that's the key.
    Well I think that you are on the right track. I followed your lead, except I was using "sandman." I had my "system sound" on "off." Once I changed my "system sound" to "low," sandman worked without shutting off the speaker.

I actually did try using "off-it" and your good suggestion about changing the auto off time. It actually seemed like it worked once but I couldn't get it to work consistently so I'm not sure if I changed an additonal setting that one time. Anyway, after that I tried sandman, changed my general sound setting to low, and it worked.

I'm really curious to see if others can confirm that either of these senarios work.
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 10/26/2003 at 07:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Hope this works for you TreoTheo:

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...?postid=263856

Sandman works for me but it is great that you guys are testing out different scenarios. I have my auto-off set to "1 min." and system sound is set to "Medium".

Keith
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Off it worked great still. Med sound and 3 min to off are my settings.
    Originally posted by peridoc
    Hey all,

Keith
    Mapped sandmans program to a hard button "option & hardbutton" key and it works on my end thankfully without any problems also. Thanks to Marc for developing this simple but needed app.

Version B
    So far, OFF IT works for me. Screen goes off, speaker stays on.

Assigned it to the SMS Hard button. "Option & SMS Hardbutton".

Hardware Version C
    Am I the only one that has a problem with the screen turning on after about one minute? The program works fine except the screen only stays off temporarily. Am I the only one that talks on the phone for more than a minute??
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I made a 10 minute phone call yesterday with no problems and the screen never turned back on until I hit the "screen" button when I wanted to end the call.

Keith
    Neither Off-it nor Sandman works in my revision C Treo. Both mic & spearker go out (but not disconnected). If I push phone button then back to conversation. what's the trick?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast