Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by skfny
    OK, is anyone else having problems making Off-It work? I tried enabling and disabling Keygaurd, since I use DisButtons, tried all of the advice above, and the speaker still goes off, whether or not I'm on speakerphone. I even tried a soft reset after deleting the HBX hack. FWIW, I have Off-It assigned to the CoLaucher "o" button as well, but I tried it with hard buttons, and get the same result.
    disable the Keyguard and the hacks and follow above and it should work.

DisButtons, CoLauncher, HBX, sounds like you have too many things going on here.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Thank you for those that brought these programs to our attention. Using OFF-IT, I can now easily (with the press of two buttons) turn off that battery-draining screen while talking on the phone. I'm sure my talktime should increase now and I don't have that ridiculous flashlight blaring at my left cheek anymore - how annoying!

THANK YOU!!!
    Originally posted by imageone

disable the Keyguard and the hacks and follow above and it should work.

DisButtons, CoLauncher, HBX, sounds like you have too many things going on here.
    Actually, I deleted HBX. I also disabled DisButtons, and assigned Off-It to a hardware button.
    Imageone,

I tried this as you suggested... but even if I'm in the calendar mode or another app when I activate off-it...still shuts off the speaker during a call

I've tried activating off-it by colauncher as second button then hit O

Ive assigned off-it to the power button....

still shuts off the speaker but not the call

any suggestions

thanks
    Originally posted by gmaniac
    Imageone,

I tried this as you suggested... but even if I'm in the calendar mode or another app when I activate off-it...still shuts off the speaker during a call

any suggestions

thanks
    Perhaps it's time to go back and check the hardware versions again? (##786).

I have Ver B and Off-It turns off the speaker.
    I have version B as well..... maybe that is what is going on...

anyone else wanna chime in with their specs on setup that is working
    Imageone,

any suggestions

thanks
    for some reason the Calendar button doesn't do it. My set up is:

Off-It is assigned to the (Option + Button to the Phone button)

To turn screen off:
    If I'm in Phone app talking I press the SMS button + Option + Phone
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Originally posted by imageone

for some reason the Calendar button doesn't do it. My set up is:

Off-It is assigned to the (Option + Button to the Phone button)

To turn screen off:
    If I'm in Phone app talking I press the SMS button + Option + Phone
    Same setup, Dis Buttons disabled, still doesn't get it done. Do you have Ver. B of the hardware?
    thanks for all the help.....

still having problems if I am in SMS or any other app, other than calendar

not sure what else to do at this point.....
    I downloaded the Off-It app after reading the posts in this thread. I've mapped Off-It to the power button and it works great. Unlike other users who have written that they must switch another app before powering down or else lose the speaker, I can power off from within the phone application and retain full functionality. Don't know what the difference is. After playing around a bit I feel like this will add about a day to the battery life with average use, too bad Handsrping didn't didn't implement this natively.
    Originally posted by skfny

Perhaps it's time to go back and check the hardware versions again? (##786).

I have Ver B and Off-It turns off the speaker.
    I have ver A
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    thanks for all the help.....

still having problems if I am in SMS or any other app, other than calendar

not sure what else to do at this point.....
    not sure. I know this app isn't written for this so it's just a shot in the dark. you may have to play about with it a little.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    For the record, I have ver. B

I can get OFF-IT to work if I activate it in an app other than phone. Someone on this thread said they can get it to work fine (without the speaker shutting off) while in phone. And then again, others have said it won't work at all.
    Woh..this app is awesome! I'm going to test it out to see how much battery life I save.

I can also access the app from the phone application and not hang up on my current call.

One problem I can already forsee is that since the only warning you get for a low battery is a visual one, if you're not paying attention, you could talk your battery to empty and have no idea.
    Simular to this. If a sms message comes in on my T600 when itis plugged into the charger the screen will stay on. This of course doen't matter for battery drain, because its pluged in.

However I dont like the fact my screen stays on after getting the first message. With the screen being on for many hours plugge di will this danage the screen? Does it have a shelf life?

Thanks

Isaac
    sms message turns my screen on even when unplugged, but I can easily turn it back off.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I downloaded the zip file

I start on the phone screen, make my phone call with or without speaker

then I press menu

all the apps come up ... i have off it in the unfiled category

I press off it and the phone or the speaker continue the conversation

brilliant!
    I can get Off-It to work but it only keeps my screen off (while on a call) for about 1 minute, then it turns right back on by itself. Any solutions??? If only the screen had a neck - I WOULD STRANGLE IT!
    The reason I am asking about for instance SMS turning on my phone while plugged up. My phone will get an SMS during the night while its plugged in. Then the screen stays on all night long until I wake up the next morning. This is bothersome only because I would think leaving the screen on everynight like that would not be good for the screen. Is this really true? Is there a way to force my screen to turn off like it does when not plugged in, in 30 seconds

The reason the T600 is left on is just in case of that emergency phone call.

Thanks again

----------------------------
    Prior posting

Simular to this. If a sms message comes in on my T600 when itis plugged into the charger the screen will stay on. This of course doen't matter for battery drain, because its pluged in.

However I dont like the fact my screen stays on after getting the first message. With the screen being on for many hours plugge di will this danage the screen? Does it have a shelf life?

Thanks

Isaac
    Originally posted by yitzchakis
    The reason I am asking about for instance SMS turning on my phone while plugged up. My phone will get an SMS during the night while its plugged in. Then the screen stays on all night long until I wake up the next morning. This is bothersome only because I would think leaving the screen on everynight like that would not be good for the screen. Is this really true? Is there a way to force my screen to turn off like it does when not plugged in, in 30 seconds

The reason the T600 is left on is just in case of that emergency phone call.

Thanks again

Isaac
    Just tested mine - it turns off after 30 sec when receiving SMS while charging. You must have conflicting software or you upgraded from Treo300 following the manual. There has been evidence that upgrading instead of a clean install (like most OS upgrades) causes major problems. I recommend to all Treo600 owners to sync only PIM data and install their 3rd party apps one by one while testing. Worked for me and I have fun playing with all it's features during software testing.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast