1.    #1  
    Here's the software that I'm running on my 600. The phone has been pretty stable to date.

1. Launcher X
    2. Dual Date - Only problem is identifies the owner's calendar as "default" now rather than the owner's name as it does on other devices.
    3. Diddle Bug - Great for jotting a quick note. I keep it on an Alt Button
    4. MultiClock - Seems to be the only clock program where the alarm will work with Keyguard.
    5. pTunes
    6. Qcheck - just for jotting down the occasional handwritten check
    7. Snappermail - I'm not sure it's really worth the money compared to Eudora, but it does work well and the support has been very good.
    8. Tide Tool - I fish and boat
    9. Backup Man - Works very nicely
    10. Filez
    11. Hand Zipper Lite
    12. Jpeg Watch Lite
    13. Speedy - Shows me that my 600 is a bit slower that their logged version...but a lot faster than my 300
    14. SyncAll
    15. AIM 1.2
    16. ClockPop5
    17. Dis Buttons - Very nice app. Death to the unfriendly built-in keyguard!
    18. Documents to Go Viewer - I may upgrade
    19. Jot - Works on the Jot side
    20. Treo Helper - Starts the phone automatically and after fix will allow me to dial Voice mail by hitting the headset button.

I have a SanDisk 256 card that I got for about 60 at Costco it seems to work well, but I'm not thrilled with the way the cards stick out of the slot on top causing them to be easily popped out by accident. I don't know if other brands of cards are different and have "smaller shoulders".

I run PocketMirror Pro 3.1.5 on the desktop to sync, of course, to Outlook.

Oh, I have a few goofy games that came off the Treo disk, but don't really play with them too much.

I'm looking for the best solution for porting documents that I want to keep as reference on my Palm. For instance, I would like to keep the entire Florida Statutes on my Palm in an easily searchable format. I know there are several programs out there that do this, but I haven't figured out which one is going to be best. Big thing for me is not having to spend hours reformatting the document on the desktop before converting to the Palm. Does anyone know if Acrobat for the Palm works, and works well?

Thanks,
    Ken
    What is Syncall?
  3.    #3  
    SyncAll basically sets the backup bit on everything on the phone...so when you sync EVERYTHING is backuped. I only use it once in awhile, but it's good to have...especially before doing anything that will require a hard reset.

Ken
    If you have Dis Buttons, why do you still need MultiClock?
    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    I'm looking for the best solution for porting documents that I want to keep as reference on my Palm. For instance, I would like to keep the entire Florida Statutes on my Palm in an easily searchable format. I know there are several programs out there that do this, but I haven't figured out which one is going to be best. Big thing for me is not having to spend hours reformatting the document on the desktop before converting to the Palm.
    You might try RepliGo. I haven't used it on Palm or Treo (yet), but had good success with it on Pocket PC.
    I keep it on an Alt Button
    Do you mean an Opt button, or is there was way of assigning applications to an Alt button that I am not aware of?
    I'm looking for the best solution for porting documents that I want to keep as reference on my Palm. For instance, I would like to keep the entire Florida Statutes on my Palm in an easily searchable format. I know there are several programs out there that do this, but I haven't figured out which one is going to be best. Big thing for me is not having to spend hours reformatting the document on the desktop before converting to the Palm. Does anyone know if Acrobat for the Palm works, and works well?
    Acrobat for Palm is most charitably described as a humongous pain in the skleeboop. Are your statutes online, in HTML format? Pennsy rules are, but not statutes (official). I used the freebie WinHTTrack (WebAttack.com > freeware > DownLoad Tools > WebSite Downloaders) to grab the data off the web, then used freebie iSiloX to create an iSilo pdb file. I was determined to use iSilo for 2 reasons: (1) you can search through such files on the expansion card from within iSilo (!!!!!); (2) the iSilo DeskTop version ensures I can get to the same file(s) EASILY, with both the PalmOS device and my laptop.

Expense for both DT and PalmOS versions was under $35, if memory serves correctly. Time element was about one Saturday afternoon.

Personal opinion: I find myself more frequently referring to the court rules on any given day, than statutory material. I did scan a few discreet statutory sections (i.e., statutes of limitations) into the full Adobe package (version 5, but version 3 up suffices). Procedure briefly:
    Adobe Acrobat/File/Import scan > "capture" > free plug-in (DL from Adobe.com) to "make accessible"> then online (free) conversion pdf-to-html (run google search: +pdf-to-html ). Finally, aimed iSiloX at that html file to get the desired iSilo pdb file. Couple of hours, max. Well worth it.

Alternative: play around with the free trial of Repligo with your pdf files. I found it to be a "close but no cigar" deal. However, your mileage may differ.

Hope this helps.
    Have you had any problems with TreoHelper on OS5?
    "ClockPop5"

more info please.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    ight y'all. what do you suggest that i pick up. no treo exp...i would like apps for:

playing mp3's
    playing movies (dont know how this would work...but i'll try it)
    workin on office documents
    email
    aim
    games....yeah so what. any kind of emulaters
    launcher program...had one on my old visor

and whatever you can think of...thanks y'all.
    "ClockPop5"

more info please.

I second this, thanks
    Google: "clockpop5"

Not very difficult is that? Certainly isn't. See, it even comes up with a link.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/clockpop5.shtml

Then we can read the description for ourselves.

"Description:
    Press and Hold the trigger button (the datebook button initially).
    Clock will appear and stay until you release the button.

If the handheld was off when the datebook button was pressed, it will go back to sleep. "
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
    4. MultiClock - Seems to be the only clock program where the alarm will work with Keyguard.
    How did you get MultiClock to work with the keygaurd? I still have to disable my keyguard in order to get the alarm to sound.

Is this because you also have Dis Buttons installed? And doesn't that app do the same thing as manually turning off the keyguard in prefs?

Tx
  14.    #14  
    Wow...okay, try to answer/comment on all the posts..

1. I originally used BigClock, but it is not compat with OS5 so I had to switch and Multiclock seems like a nice application. It worked with KeyGuard (alarms sounded), but that's not an issue since I got disbuttons.

2. I meant the Opt button (the key on the bottom left of the keyboard.

3. I am going to check out ISilo and Repligo thanks for the tips.

4. ClockPop5 appears to be a version of the hack ClockPop for OS/5 basically you can hold one of the hardware keys and a clock pops up on the screen with your appointments and other info. It appears to be skinable as well. Nice app.

Thanks,
    Ken
    Does ClockPop5 work correctly in Treo 600?
    It works fine when screen is on but it does not wake up my treo when it's off. Any idea?
  16.    #16  
    No, it won't wake the Treo...although you could put it on the Power button for the Treo and then it would work...it would show behind Keyguard I think

Assigning to power button doesn't do the trick. If you hold the button it won't turn on.
    Anyway, I got reply from the developer. He said he knows the issue and he'll work on it. He owns Treo 600!