1.    #1  
    I've had my Sprint Treo 600 for a little over a day. (Thanks, Marucs. Great service!) It's met all of my expectations so far. Years ago I switched from Palm to Blackberry, and it's good to be back.

But the biggest surprise has been how easy it was to deal with Sprint. The phone was quickly enabled as promised, including the unlimited PCS Vision service. But then I had to call Sprint customer service to make a number of account adjustments. My wife and I were already on one of those sharable minutes accounts, but I decided to buy a phone with a new Sprint account to save a few bucks. (This was all justified by reducing my $49/mo Blackberry bill to the $15 PCS Visions equivalent. In one year, I'll have paid for the switchover.)

I wanted to cancel my old Sprint phone, and combine my wife's phone and my new one on a new shared-minutes plan. No problem! So I got the discount for an all-new account, but still got onto the old plan. The CSR then told me she would give me PCS-to-PCS unlimited for free. (I guess that's part of the package now.) So for $80/mo plus taxes, etc., I've got two people sharing 500 minutes, unlimited PCS-to-PCS, and unlimited PCS Vision for my phone. Then I called the # for the $4/mo handset insurance, and got that going in 10 minutes. (They call you back to be sure the phone works.) Easy, friendly, and almost no hold time. This was at 11am Pacific time on a Thursday. Not bad.
    Being in Hawaii, shipment time is a bit longer and like everyone else, I'm waiting...

Anyway, I just updated my plan to add the Vision pictures option to my "old" vision plan (was $10 a month and with the pictures option, becomes $15 a month). I also will be adding the insurance to it - sounds like a great deal.

Ben
    ----------------

------

Originally posted by dkaye
    I've had my Sprint Treo 600 for a little over a day. (Thanks, Marucs. Great service!) It's met all of my expectations so far. Years ago I switched from Palm to Blackberry, and it's good to be back.

But the biggest surprise has been how easy it was to deal with Sprint. The phone was quickly enabled as promised, including the unlimited PCS Vision service. But then I had to call Sprint customer service to make a number of account adjustments. My wife and I were already on one of those sharable minutes accounts, but I decided to buy a phone with a new Sprint account to save a few bucks. (This was all justified by reducing my $49/mo Blackberry bill to the $15 PCS Visions equivalent. In one year, I'll have paid for the switchover.)

I wanted to cancel my old Sprint phone, and combine my wife's phone and my new one on a new shared-minutes plan. No problem! So I got the discount for an all-new account, but still got onto the old plan. The CSR then told me she would give me PCS-to-PCS unlimited for free. (I guess that's part of the package now.) So for $80/mo plus taxes, etc., I've got two people sharing 500 minutes, unlimited PCS-to-PCS, and unlimited PCS Vision for my phone. Then I called the # for the $4/mo handset insurance, and got that going in 10 minutes. (They call you back to be sure the phone works.) Easy, friendly, and almost no hold time. This was at 11am Pacific time on a Thursday. Not bad.
    Hi, I ahve only been w/sprint for 8 1/2 months and so far I have never had a problem with them. In fact they have bent over backward to be helpfull. I have not a complant about them! I hope it continues, take care, jay
    The only problem I have had has been when I have changed plans. I have had two bad experiences and my wife has until recently had ongoing problems.

Here in Honolulu, Hi - there are several carriers; however, for overall quality, Sprint is it - for area wide service, Verizon.

Ben
    --------------------

Originally posted by ilovedessert
    Hi, I ahve only been w/sprint for 8 1/2 months and so far I have never had a problem with them. In fact they have bent over backward to be helpfull. I have not a complant about them! I hope it continues, take care, jay