1.    #1  
    I purchased a 6 in one card ready for like 14.99 from ecost.com.

Looked great installed easily.. and it also SCREWED UP my SD card BAD.

It said some directorieds were corrupt and whatnot which I thought weird, so I put the card in my printers SD slot which I use for Xferring and it showed some names woth jibberiosh and others unaccesible.

I had to format over the card, and reinstall the apps that needed to go there.

Something I am doing now periodically is "Backing up" the entire SD card as it is on my desktop computer. This is handy if something ever happens to your SD card.

If anyone knows of a RELIABLE 6 in 1 reader.. prefereably something small to take with a laptop, please let me know... It at least had to have memory stick, SD and CompactFlash.

Thanks.

Mike
    Do you have a sandisk sd card? I did a search on google and couldnt believe how many people have problems with those cards corrupting!
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    I purchased a 6 in one card ready for like 14.99 from ecost.com.

Looked great installed easily.. and it also SCREWED UP my SD card BAD.

It said some directorieds were corrupt and whatnot which I thought weird, so I put the card in my printers SD slot which I use for Xferring and it showed some names woth jibberiosh and others unaccesible.

I had to format over the card, and reinstall the apps that needed to go there.

Something I am doing now periodically is "Backing up" the entire SD card as it is on my desktop computer. This is handy if something ever happens to your SD card.

If anyone knows of a RELIABLE 6 in 1 reader.. prefereably something small to take with a laptop, please let me know... It at least had to have memory stick, SD and CompactFlash.

Thanks.

Mike
    Even worse horror story. My brand new 17" powerbook was screwed up by a 6 in 1 card reader. Can't remember what it was as I threw it out already...I got it at Sam's Club...terrible. It was actually responsible for wipping out my audio all together. Lucky for me, the computer is under 90 days old and Apple fixed it no questions asked. What is really strange is that the card reader didn't even have drivers installed on the machine...

Really...do be careful. Don't try and cut corners like I did trying to save some $$...it will only lead to trouble.

Sam-just got my baby back today (no, not the truck...the computer! lol)
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    I've used two cheap card readers without any sort of trouble. I did have to install drivers off a CD for the second one, which seemed odd for a USB device (should be plug and play), but otherwise, no complaints.

Do both of you use Macs? I wonder if there's some oddity in how it deals with the Mac OS in some cases? Just a hunch.
    So what do you guys recommend for a good card reader?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=20-162-205

I just bought this one from Newegg about 3 weeks ago. Installed very easily and has worked flawlessly with my Sandisk 256 SD card. It also supports usb 2.0 which is a big plus.
    got a SanDisk ImageMate card reader for SD/MMC for $19.99 at Circuit City. Worked flawlessly on my Win2000 laptop and SanDisk 256MB SD card.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I've been using the SIIG (http://www.siig.com) 6-in-1 USB 1.1 reader (from Fry's $29.99) with a 512Mb Panasonic SD card and no problems so far under Windows 2000 Pro on a Compaq Presario 5600i. Initially I did have some problems getting it to be recognized but then realized I didn't have it plugged in all the way... (silly me) It also required drivers to be installed from its included CD.

Its documentation said that the drivers were already included on the Win XP and Win ME CDs and would automatically install upon insertion of the reader.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by JBoogie; 10/24/2003 at 03:37 PM.
    I bought a Kingston 6-in-1 reader and love it. You can get it for $27.50 at:
    www.accupc.com
    I also bought the SanDisk ImageMate reader for $19.99 but from Best Buy. Have had no problems with it and my SanDisk 256MB SD card from Costco. It is USB 2.0 and fast!
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I have a 8-in-1 Lexar Card Reader. It has two led's: one for power,one for read-write access. That way I can see if it is still writing or reading before I pull the card out. $29.99 at Compusa.

Works great!

Dave Lindberg