1.    #1  
    I need help with having my email pushed. I do not want to hae to keep my desktop up with the Business Connect on my home PC. is there anyway i can have my email from my yahoo.com pushed autpmatically, without dialling up into my inbox on my treo 600. i need your help . thanks. nick
    Well, BizConn actually does more than you think in this regard....First of all, since you're just trying to access POP (Yahoo Mail), then you *do not* need to leave your PC connected. There's no need to do that, when you're connecting to POP (you would only need to do that if you're connecting to a corporate email server, like Exchange or Domino...)

However BizConn will let you pull your POP messages automatically every 1 hour -- or manually as often as you want. It won't "push" the messages to you from a POP account.

But maybe that's near enough to what you're looking for?
    Snappermail will also automatically connect at intervals you set and download your email.
  4. tc1
    snapper mail, visto messagexpress and others for POP/IMAP mail

Goodlink for corporate Exchange Server mail

check the faq and applications pages over at treo600.net
    Also, this doesn't work just yet, but hopefully Potatoho will get ths up soon but... there is an app called Treohelper which can recognized sms alerts and then automatically launch email clients like snappermail to pull pop3 email. Thus, you could set your yahoo email to send a sms every time you got a new message in your inbox, and Treohelper would then recog the SMS accordign to some target word you specify and then automatically launch snappermail to retrieve your mail from yahoo. This is great b/c you don't have to set up snappermail to constantly poll every set interval or so, just have it retreive mail when you actually have it! Alas, Treohelper doesn't seem to quite work yet with the Treo600. Hopefully, it will get updated soon though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I am currently using release .54 of treohelper to trigger snapper to check for email whenever I have my email server send and sms message to my phone , this works great. I can live with pop email when all of my messages are "pushed" to me this way with a sms triggered pull. I have tried biz connection (latest version) and do not have time to spend "testing" this stuff for sprint. Snapper lets me download jpeg,zip, word docs, etc to my treo 600 so I can view all I need, the only thing I wish I had is the ability to view a pdf doc. With the combo of treohelper and snapper I get my new email nearly instantainously when it is received at the server. I see no other combo right now that can compare with snapper and treohelper.
    Originally posted by jhutchings
    I am currently using release .54 of treohelper to trigger snapper to check for email whenever I have my email server send and sms message to my phone , this works great...
    jhutchings,

Are using the Treo300 or Treo600? Are you saying to got the Treohelper sms tigger to work on the Treo 600??

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yes I am using treohelper with the 600 it works perfect for sms push to snapper. To me it puts biz connect to shame. I have been using it since version .53. There is a long thread on this. in the communication section.
    Following the tips from this thread, I am trying treohelper 0.56 and yahoo email alerts to push my email and snappermail to receive as opposed using the auto setting in snappermail alone.

So far so good..... except one thing maybe I can get a little help with.

Treohelper launches snapper just fine, except only when the treo is on and the SMS message has been confirming OK after receiving the dialog box from SMS notifying of an incoming sms from yahoo alerts

a question from a newbie:
    Is there a way for the push to take place when the treo is not on.... that is can it bypass the sms alert dialog box (or accept automatically) and launch snapper to fetch email in the background so I all I need to do is turn the treo on and launch snapper to see if anything is in the inbox

tia!!!