1.    #1  
    i received my treo 600 today with hardware version C and the earpieace in the phone unit is faulty!!

is anyone else having any issues with their earpieces (hardware versions A, B or C)??

thanks..

p.s. i just registered here but i have been a guest viewer for a long time..
    always searching for the light..
    They're all pretty bad. I have rev "C" (not sure it makes any difference) and called customer support to *****. They are sending a new ear bud out which will rattle as well, I'm sure.

My Jabra sounds fine but I have an old one without a pick-up button.

HS sent me a $10 certificate so I snagged the "performance" earbud off their sight. We'll see.

HTH

Bob Duckworth
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the reply! i was referring to the actual earpiece INSIDE the phone unit ( the one you are supposed to hear the other person from when you hold the treo to your head!).

anyone having any issues with the internal earpiece?!

Thanks..
    Mine is clear as bell. How does it sound right after a hard reset? 3rd party apps might be interfering. Try it before installing anything.
  5.    #5  
    as stupid as this may sound, i did not even think of doing a hard reset as a solution.. i will try that now and update this thread!!
  6.    #6  
    i did soft reset - problem persists
    i did hard reset - problem persists

i guess i am the only lucky one to get a faulty treo 600, at least everything else is fully functional and i am in love with this device..

anyone else have any ideas/suggestions or have this problem?!

thanks..
    Sorry for the confusion. My reading skills have fallen a notch.

Hope you figure it out. There were some earlier reports of rattling speakers though, so some units may in fact be defective.

Bob Duckworth
  8.    #8  
    its all good.. i called sprint and they are sending me a replacement even though i directly ordered from handspring.. have to wait another 5 business days for a fully functional treo 600
    I ordered from Handsoring and just had a problem with my Treo. Sprint sent me a new one. They said it will take 5 business days but it actually only took 2 business days (got it today).