1.    #1  
    I am able to charge my Treo 600 with the charging cable but I am unable to either sync or charge my Treo 600 using the accompaning USB Sync Cable.

If I moved the cable around, sometimes the computer would recognize the USB connection and other times it wouldn't. I therefore concluded that it was working.

I called Sprint and they are sending me an entire new phone since they do not sell (or have) the USB Sync Cable separate from the phone... It will come in about 3-5 days...

Seems likes a pain in the *** since Handspring sells it separately...

Anyone else having the same problem? I will report back when I get the second phone...
    not having the same exact problem, but I have had problems with the sync cable. The middle pins were sliding back in the harness and hotsync would not work. Look at the inside of your cable to see if any of the middle pins are pushed back.
    not having the same exact problem, but I have had problems with the sync cable. The middle pins were sliding back in the harness and hotsync would not work. Look at the inside of your cable to see if any of the middle pins are pushed back.
    Same problem. Treo 600 charges, but USB hotsync function no longer works properly. Upon initiating a hotsync, there is a response from the computer, but WinXP reports an error (something having to do with a usb device that has malfunctioned). Through troubleshooting, I have narrowed the problem down to a hardware issue on either the Treo 600 or the USB cable. Due to the fact that I have gotten it to work 2 times out of 100 by wiggling the cable around, plugging/unplugging the charger into the USB cable, etc. I hope it is the cable and not the port on the phone.

Come to think of it now, when I looked inside the USB tip, the middle two pins were shorter than the outer two. When I get home I'll see what I can do to fix them. Is this a fixable problem, or is it necessary to cut the tip off and resolder accordingly? I have already purchased a new USB cable from Amazon. It will arrive home, but I am currently on the other side of the country.

I am disappointed that the only places I can get a USB hotsync cable or docking unit for the Treo 600 is online (where it is widely available). Retail stores are stocked poorly, do not have replacement accessories, and rarely have in stock the models they have on display. It is a pathetic situation.

I hope you can appreciate why I did not bother to call Palm about the cable and trying to get a replacement for free through the warranty program. Someone on the phone, less experienced than myself, would be trying to help me troubleshoot. "Have you tried it on another computer? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Palm Desktop? Have you pressed k+backspace+reset to return your Treo 600 to factory default?" Etc. etc.
    Same problem here, but my cheap Sync'n'Charge cable works good. So I think it's the problem with PalmOne's stock sync cable.
    Same problem here too. It charges fine but won't sync.
    OK, it can't be the pin problem, because all my USB devices have two shorter pins in the middle. Fortunately I ran into a random person with a Treo 600, tried my hotsync cable on theirs, and still had the same problem. Therefore, I know it is a problem with the cable and not my Treo.

I guess the included hotsync cable has a tendency to go bad. Either I could stock up on these, try another brand of cable, or see if the cable will last longer if I use it differently ie not plug the charger into it.
    Same problem here, it's the cable on the USB side, charging is just fine. I just bought new cables off of E-bay.
    Some Sprint stores have extra sync cables that they may either sell for cheap or give away. I needed an extra cable to keep at work and went to the store near my job to buy one. When I asked if they sold them the manager went to the back, got the cable, and said here! Nice guy. I recommend checking with different stores to see if they have any laying around to sell or give away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Some Sprint stores have extra sync cables that they may either sell for cheap or give away. I needed an extra cable to keep at work and went to the store near my job to buy one. When I asked if they sold them the manager went to the back, got the cable, and said here! Nice guy. I recommend checking with different stores to see if they have any laying around to sell or give away.
    I had the same experience! First they replaced my phone (they said it failed their tests). I went home and still couldn't sync. The next day I went back and talked to the manager. He gave me a free sync cable with the charger. If you have Sprint, go in a store and ask.

A friend of mine that works for Sprint said they usually give them away because they have no way or ringing it up as a seperate item from the charger.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Haven't experienced this *yet* on my T600. I've had it with SPCS since October 2003 and my sync/charge cable has worked fine on my Win98SE and WinXP op systems.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    My only problem has been with the retractable cables failing on a regular basis.

Jimbo