1.    #1  
    Lets comapre the pluses and minuses of the 2 products. What features does Good have that Sprint doesn't and vice versa if any...

Sprint is cheaper (but than maybe that doesn't mean much if other items outweigh it)

Good syncs email, contacts, notes, task, better than the balckberry I have heard, sprint I am told only syncs email...

Good is supposed to be working flawlessly (anyone?)

Sprint (As I see all over the boards) is having a lot of issues with alerts notifications etc...

Please contribute...thanks!

I would like to use Good but they do not have a desktop solution as SPCS does with PE. Correct?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Cory J
    I would like to use Good but they do not have a desktop solution as SPCS does with PE. Correct?
    That is correct. As opposed to a standalone setup Good only works on a Microsoft Exchange server type of platform (I don't think others are currently supported but maybe someone wants to chime in and clarify that), BUT so does Sprint. Sprints BC is deceiving (unintentionally of course) because they have a personal edition and a enterprise edition. BUt the persoanl edition also needs to run WITH an exchange setup (or Lotus or an IMAP server). So if you are a stand alone user using outlook and not on Exchange then thats not an option. but...
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Cory J
    Spoke with a sales rep (by email) at Goodlink the other day. I told him I would really like to try Good cause from what I am reading it is very reliable (which in business is everything). I explained to him that I am not in a big corporate setup with exchange but instead on Outlook as a standalone user and asked for a suggestion. He gave me what I thought was a very good alternative. He suggested a company to be my exchange server. They would host my email and be the exchange server I need as if I was in a larger corporate enviorment. He recommended 2 companies but the one I think I am going with is the leader in the industry called MI8. I spoke with them and read up on them and was very impressed. For about $15.00 a month they will host you. Now that may seem expensive but for what they offer and what I need it's really very reasonable. Then I would be able to use sprint bc connection (which is free for me on my plan) or pay an additional $10-12 for goodlink which is also reasonable compared to what others pay on a monthly basis for Goodlink or Blackberry.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by aacnyc

BUt the persoanl edition also needs to run WITH an exchange setup (or Lotus or an IMAP server). So if you are a stand alone user using outlook and not on Exchange then thats not an option. but...
    I was told wrong by the last sprint tech rep I spoke to. That was with the old BC the new BC allows you to use it without an exchange server or the like.