1.    #1  
    http://support.handspring.com/downlo...0UG_Sprint.pdf

I don't have a treo 600 but found almost all the questions here answered in there. Its an easy read, took me 20 mins.
    Please stop talking until you get one.
    It's the flippin manual!! Don't you know that no one reads the manual. That's why they are all here asking questions!!! The nerve, to think all of us Treo hounds would actually read the menu instead of pushing the buttons, playing with the menus, making calls, playing games.....etc....etc...etc.

RTFM....yeah right!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    http://support.handspring.com/downlo...0UG_Sprint.pdf

I don't have a treo 600 but found almost all the questions here answered in there. Its an easy read, took me 20 mins.
    god are you really that annoying?? how many manuals do you know that have EVERYTHING in them? there's always little shortcuts (think easter eggs) and stuff that people figure out that even the developers didn't know. remember the trick to put the date and time as one of your quick dials in the first Treos? that wasn't in the manual! I personally enjoy the info shared here and already have a list of do's and don't do's to follow once my 600 gets here.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    farzonalmaneih -- doen't listen to these philistines! Stick to your gimmick, man. Hammer it home.
    Looks like HS did include a lot of useful tips in the manual this time. It's very different than previous ones. An open mind is a beautiful thing :-)
    What trick to put the date and time as one of your quick dials in the first Treos??
    Put "&time" as the title of one of your speed dials and "&date" as another one. Then whenever you open the TREO, you can see the time and date on your speed dial page.

Good thing, too, is you can still put an actual number in those slots, so you're not wasting a speed dial slot. You just won't have the person's name on the button, so you have to remember who it dials when you press the time or date button.
  9.    #9  
    Hey man. Don't get your panties in a bind. A LOT of people don't realize that the manual is good. 1/2 the time I don't get around to reading the manual to one of my new gadgets after weeks of having it. I am just as guilty (because most manuals are junk).

This time I have to say the manual is great, even fantastic! Take a look, it really does have the answers to about 95% of the questions on this board there.

My point wasnt to badmouth anyone either, I am just trying to help those people who are fusterated and need answers now and don't have time to just wait for answers on this message board (which could take hours).

Its silly when people badmouth someone trying help.
    Hey, I think you guys should get off farzonalmaneih's back. I've been seeing lots of newbie posts about stupid questions that they should've been able to figure out themselves. There are people wondering why PalmOS 3.5 hacks don't work (no duh) amongst other things. So perhaps, reading the manual for once would be a GOOD thing.
    Originally posted by jaginger
    Put "&time" as the title of one of your speed dials and "&date" as another one. Then whenever you open the TREO, you can see the time and date on your speed dial page.

Good thing, too, is you can still put an actual number in those slots, so you're not wasting a speed dial slot. You just won't have the person's name on the button, so you have to remember who it dials when you press the time or date button.
    FYI that doesn't work on the Treo 300. My brothers have the 270 (one with cingular and one with T-Mobile) the one with Cingular told me about that 'tip'/'trick' about 4 months ago. We tries it on the spot but apperently (for what ever strange reason) it doesn't work. I assume yours Jaginger is a 270 right?
    The best thing about the posts with questions easily found in the manual are the responses from the original poster!

After receiving the answer to something easily found in the manual (or on this board for that matter), the original poster often follows up the answer with something like "Oh my god, you're a genius!" or "How the heck did you figure that out?".

Umm....works fine on my Treo 300! Both the date one and the time one...

FYI that doesn't work on the Treo 300. My brothers have the 270 (one with cingular and one with T-Mobile) the one with Cingular told me about that 'tip'/'trick' about 4 months ago. We tries it on the spot but apperently (for what ever strange reason) it doesn't work. I assume yours Jaginger is a 270 right?
    I dont think I have ever read a manual in my life until after I broke my toy and that is why there are warranties. To fix what I broke.

I made a mistake telling my co-workers that I used to work in tech support. I dont mind helping someone onyl after they have attempted to help themself.

It's ok to break your toys. Just make sure you have a warranty.
    It seemed rather incongruous that in a society of supersophisticated communication, we often suffer from a shortage of listeners.
    Tell a Friend-Erma Bombeck, "If Life Is a Bowl of Cherries...", 1971