Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got off the phone with TMo and they said Oct. 27th is the launch date for the 600. They suggested I call back on the 27th, no pre-orders. The woman I spoke with seemed with it.
    Can't wait!
    Funny, I just got off the phone with t-mobile 1 min ago.

They said "a couple of weeks". Gotta love it.

T-MOBILE, HANDSPRING PLEASE GIVE US SOME FEEDBACK!
  3.    #3  
    I even made sure she meant Oct. 27th as opposed to Nov. 27th. She re-stated Oct. 27th. I got her name too in case I have any problems.
    Originally posted by winebrat
    I even made sure she meant Oct. 27th as opposed to Nov. 27th. She re-stated Oct. 27th. I got her name too in case I have any problems.
    Did you get her home phone and address too?
    Just got off the phone with TMo and they said Oct. 27th is the launch date for the 600. They suggested I call back on the 27th, no pre-orders. The woman I spoke with seemed with it.
    Can't wait!
    Decided to test the waters myself, called Handspring CSR was told that the GSM version would be available in a week, 10 days tops. CSR even offered to give me a call back so that he could complete my order as soon as the were available. We'll see ?????????

This is still much better than my previous inquiries where I was was told that it would be available in the next few weeks!!!
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Monday, October 27th is for real.

Just got off the phone with TMO Wireless Data, after about 5 minutes with a CSR and CSR supervisor. WD rep said there is now an internal update regarding the T600 that was not there earlier today, as he checked this morning.

Launch date is definitely Monday, October 27th. Available on their web site. It is not clear whether is for sale on their web site only or one can also call in. No pre-orders, also confirmed.

Also, confirmed that TMO will launch prior to HS. Did not have any information on whether Cingular would follow or would be simultaneous. My Guess is TMO, then Cingular, then HS or ATT.
  7.    #7  
    Did you inquire about how long it would take to actually ship? Hanspring shows a 1 week lag.
    Did you inquire about how long it would take to actually ship? Hanspring shows a 1 week lag.
    Yes, but the so-called update didn't have any information about that. My guess is that there's one of those "invisible" pages on the TMO web site about the 600, that is not 100% ready, but is there somewhere. Any safe-crackers want to have a go at it?

BTW, most of the CSRs at TMO haven't a clue and will hand out old information. Wireless Data is more reliable on this as it is they who will have to deal with suport, the moment these babies are shipped.
    I just spoke with a CSR in T-Mo wireless data and he confirmed that Monday, October 27 is the "PLANNED" launch date for the GSM 600!!! He said that their information system had just been updated (less than 30 minutes ago) and that I was the third person who had called inquiring about the 600.

He said that the 600 will be available ONLY through HS on the 27th. He did not know when it woud be available in T-Mo retail outlets.

Note to self: don't oversleep on Monday!!!!!
    Originally posted by glennd
    ...He said that the 600 will be available ONLY through HS on the 27th. He did not know when it woud be available in T-Mo retail outlets.

That's different from what WD told me. NOT available Monday through HS, but through TMO Web site.

Where are you safecrackers!
    When you all are saying that TMO will roll out before HS, do you mean that the 600 will be available directly from TMO prior to the time that HS includes TMO in their $399 upgrade plan?

Any word about *whether* TMO will be included in the HS upgrade plan? Or whether there'll be special upgrade pricing directly from TMO?
    Interesting. Part of me wants to believe the WD guy that I talked to for a couple of reasons:

1) if available direct from HS, we know we can get overnight delivery

2) when 270 came out, I recall HS was exclusive before it hit T-Mo website and/or retail much later

3) dealing directly with HS means dealing with any (hopefully none) problems directly with HS

The bottom line (for me) is that if Monday is the REAL launch date, then I'll get mine just in time for my birthday. Happy birthday to me!!!
    If I understand your posts correctly:

Order from T-Mobile:

Timing - Monday, October 27
    Price - unknown
    Handspring discount - unknown
    Shipping date - unknown

Order from Handspring:

Timing - available within 7-10 days
    Price with 180/270/300 discount - $399
    Shipping date - unknown

Cool. I better get my money together for this.
  14. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    T-mobile wireless data just told me that you cannot order from t-mobile but you should be able to order from Handspring next week.
    Just got off the phone with HS sales. I told the CSR what the T-Mo WD guys have been telling us this afternoon to see what kind of reaction they would give. The guy's response was "They told you that? We don't have that information, but it could come out next week, or maybe in the next couple of weeks, we just haven't seen that information yet."

He did say that they will not be offering overnight shipping. He said that express shipping (2-3 days) for $14.50 is the best they can do.
    Glad to see they're finally getting off their lazy butts at T-Mo. Lord knows enough of us have been tempted by Sprint already.

Now all I have to do is get permission from "She Who Must Be Obeyed"
    HS CSRs are useless when it comes to the 600 and lots of other issues. I wouldn't regard anything they say as reality.

There is some confusion here about exactly which company is PLANNING to provide the 600 on Monday. I was told by WD that it was TMO, specifically not HS. Others have heard the opposite. Etiher way is okay by me, as long as it's GSM and it's Monday. Actually, I'd rather it be HS, because we stand a chance (remote) of unlocked 600s, and because I've seen the HS "TMO T600 web page" that I can longer get to anymore, which makes it more real, but who knows? The TMO WD guy definitely told me TMO web site on Monday. Nothing about the HS upgrade being support by TMO, nothing of any real detail, except the date and no pre-orders.

Did HS sell the 600 before Sprint? And would the answer to that have any bearing on TMO?
    After reading this whole thread I feel so much better now. I cool rush came over my body and I sudenly felt calm.

I don't care if it takes 2 weeks before I see my new 600, because at least now I know when it will be released and I can order it.

Note to marketing at HS/TMO, please pay attention to this.
    I just spoke with a HS CSR - who told me the Treo 600 for T-Mo wouldn't be out for a "couple of weeks", maybe a "month or more". I didn't get into the T-Mo statements.

I would rather buy from HS instead of T-Mo, so I can get the $399 price. Maybe T-Mobile will give the same price...but I doubt it.

Hopefully, T-Mobile has finally approved the thing, and the "go-ahead" date is Monday with discounted units.

Locked vs. unlocked units aren't that big of a deal to me right now. I've been with T-Mobile for a while and plan to stay with them for now.
    This fits nicely with the fact that the HS site has the order form for the GSM TMo phone already.

I would think we are talking about a TMo release on Oct. 27th via the HS site. So it's true that it IS a TMo release. It is also true that IS online, but it is NOT on the TMo site.

Makes sense to me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast