Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Just checked in with our contact at T-mobile. He said it is not true at all that this will be released 10/27.

I am just the messenger so don't shoot me.

A few days ago he told me that their is a software problem that causes the treo to reset and we are still looking at late Nov. for a release. I am guessing the software issue must be with the T-mobile loaded stuff since there have been posts about unlocked GSM units working fine in Europe and Singapore.
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    After reading this whole thread I feel so much better now. I cool rush came over my body and I sudenly felt calm.

I don't care if it takes 2 weeks before I see my new 600, because at least now I know when it will be released and I can order it.

Note to marketing at HS/TMO, please pay attention to this.
    DONT FEEL GOOD JUST YET

I just spoke to my "contact" at TMO Corporate Sales, I called him from my TMO phone (he recognized the number), this is what happened.........

Ring
    Ring
    Answer

"contact" : ITS NOT TRUE.

me : huh?

"contact" : ITS NOT TRUE.

me : mmmmmm???

"contact" : the news you heard on treocentral is not true

me : mmm i hear everything what news?

"contact" : its still the 3rd week in November, I just spoke to product manager and there is no change.

me: why would csr be saying those things

"contact" : i dont know i tried myself just now to call CSR posing as customer and the CSR rep told me 6 months

me: ah well you will let me know the second you know something right?

"contact" : yes of course, youll be the first

There you have it. Dont hold your breath for Monday.

Just got this reply from TMO:

Subject
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, Would like to inquire regarding the availability of the Handspring Treo 6...

Discussion Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response (Jeremy) - 10/23/2003 02:43 PM
    Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Currently we have a date of
    the 27th for when we will be releasing the Treo 600. If you have any other
    comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.

Sincerely,
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    The plot thickens...Who do we believe?

It sure would be easier if HS just had a date posted on their website.
    One possible explanation is that it is Monday, but not on TMO, but on HS. Forget about asking the HS front line CSRs. One would have to talk to someone much, much higher up to get a real answer. Anyone have the time?

I still think it is PROBABLY Monday on HS because of that dastardly TMO order page.
    I have an HS source who provided some insight...It isn't coming through T-Mo, it's coming from HS. T-Mo just got it past the certification hurdle and they will be able to support it, but HS has the inventory and they now have the OK take orders on the 27th and ship next week...Jeff H sure is a talker on a few Jack and Cokes
    Makes sense to me.
    Hopefully this is true since it would probably be the fastest way to get it.

One more sleepless weekend with lots of pressing that update button Monday morning!!

Originally posted by mrsernum
    I have an HS source who provided some insight...It isn't coming through T-Mo, it's coming from HS. T-Mo just got it past the certification hurdle and they will be able to support it, but HS has the inventory and they now have the OK take orders on the 27th and ship next week...Jeff H sure is a talker on a few Jack and Cokes
    == "...Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Currently
    == we have a date of the 27th for when we will be releasing the
    == Treo 600..."

Please note the conspicuous absence of month.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    == "...Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Currently
    == we have a date of the 27th for when we will be releasing the
    == Treo 600..."

Please note the conspicuous absence of month.
    10/27 is on a Monday, 11/27 is on a Thursday - Thanksgiving. Which one do you think is logical?
    I'm from canada and try calling Hs every day for some new info maybe??

Today i called and told the lady i saw a post on internet that said TMO would sell it on monday 27

she laugh then said i can only tell you to watch your e-mail,so i laugh too and said ok i only want to know if TMO sell it on monday will you be selling unlocked phone the same day?

She she kind of whent away from the phone and laugh again and said wait for your e-mail

Marc-Andre
    mj8svi: Where did you post this? or what email address did you send that question too?
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    mj8svi: Where did you post this? or what email address did you send that question too?
    I used the online email form they had on

http://voicestream.custhelp.com/cgi-...nduser/ask.php

but received the reply from voicestream@custhelp.com
    The Plot Thickens....
    I was at the Mission:Possible launch party and all the HS execs had T-Mobile units and told me they expected T-Mobile by the end of the month, so it all worked out as expected!

Cingular will be next, probably by the end of November.

AT&T by January.

This also confirmed at www.treo600.net/faq
  16.    #36  
    The link is dead. What did it say?
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    take the "faq" out of the link, and then once you are there, just go to "faq"
    http://www.treo600.net/pages/3/index.htm

There u go. If this holds true the Sidekick goes on Ebay on Monday.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if TMo is offering any incentives competitive with Sprints $100/$150 offer?
  20.    #40  
    When I originally spoke with TMo, the woman on the phone mentioned some "trade-in" type incentive. I don't own an older Treo so I didn't pay much attention. Sorry.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast