1.    #1  
    Ok, so I'm coming to accept the fact that PQAs won't work on my 600. It's a slow and painful acceptance, but it's happening.

Now, the question is - how can I get the same functionality without those PQAs?

I NEED:

1) Ameritrade
    2) eBay
    3) Yahoo yellow pages or equivalent

Using the new Blazer is NOT easy to (quickly) do these things, and I don't think these sites have wireless friendly alternate URLs. So I've lost this functionality!

Help!

- Jon
    4) Directory Assistant
    5) Amazon
    6) MoviePhone
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    7) Delta flight info
    8) FedEx tracking
    9) UPS tracking
    10) weather.com
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by kayden75
    4) Directory Assistant
    5) Amazon
    6) MoviePhone
    http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/dt/pda...bosnation0e-20
    http://palm.moviefone.com
    Regards,

Robert
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I've bookmarked a bunch of things in the new "Web" app, but I can't find anything close to DA. I never knew it, but I use this app lke 3 time a day, easy.

I e-mailed the author, and he has a vague plan to re-write the DA app accessing the web directly, but no schedule or ETA.

The 555-1212 mobile site and the mapquest mobile site are passable, but this was probably the greatest freebie ever. I'd pay quite a bit for the re-written version.
    Originally posted by jbauer
    Ok, so I'm coming to accept the fact that PQAs won't work on my 600. It's a slow and painful acceptance, but it's happening.

Now, the question is - how can I get the same functionality without those PQAs?

I NEED:

1) Ameritrade
    2) eBay
    3) Yahoo yellow pages or equivalent

Using the new Blazer is NOT easy to (quickly) do these things, and I don't think these sites have wireless friendly alternate URLs. So I've lost this functionality!

Help!

- Jon

Ameritrade is the only important one for me. Everything else I can find a work around. But the ameritrade PQA was so simple and easy to use, I used it a lot (win or lose). Found the same exact one with Blazer - go to www.amtdw.com Happy trading
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7.    #8  
    Wow, to www.amtdw.com looks exactly like what I need. Where did you find that? I'm a little afraid to enter my account info without confirming it's actually run by Ameritrade...

- Jon
    Originally posted by jbauer
    Wow, to www.amtdw.com looks exactly like what I need. Where did you find that? I'm a little afraid to enter my account info without confirming it's actually run by Ameritrade...

- Jon
    By accident surfing through Sprint's home page in Blazer - money/brokers/ameritrade. Tried it already - it's exactly the same as the PQA but in color. Have fun!!! It made my day when I found it. Right after my 600 got activated too.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  9.    #10  
    Wow, excellent. Thank you ChemEngr. You just made my day!

- Jon
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I had an email from Palm support that pqa use IS supported or doable under OS 5. I'm hoping that after the Handspring/Palm merger they will get this straightened out. Blazer is nice but if you've used the pqa files, you understand why they are faster, period.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Did the e-mail say how or when?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the steps here?
    http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html
    I had to do this on my 180g in order to use PQAs, once i did they all worked like a charm. Just wondering if this same procedure will work for the 600? Don't have mine yet or i'd try it myself.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Randy,

Palm's PQA libraries do not work in OS 5.
    I have found that by saving a webpage in Blazer 3 (new feature), you can basically achieve the speed of a PQA. You may want to try that. Does anyone have a link to 555-1212? I do still miss DA.

Originally posted by iatricjb
    Blazer is nice but if you've used the pqa files, you understand why they are faster, period.
    I use www.555-1212.com
    It works ok. However, there are some deadlinks on top of each page.
    For all your Treo surfing needs -

http://www.pdaology.com

I got fed up with the stale directories that folks had set up.

So, I set up my own. Pretty smooth and I use it everyday.
    Last edited by pdaGuy; 10/26/2003 at 10:35 PM.
    http://www.pdaology.com

the web directory for pda and phone-enabled sites. over 1000 sites in the directory!