you ain't gonna believe this....

My T300 has been the pits for months. Sprint keeps telling me the roaming lists needs updating....no one else is having problems...blah blah blah. It is BS to keep me from leaving. I've been a customer since 98 and any time I call in, it's always the same it's your phone...it's not us....

To add insult to injury, I signed up for unlimited VISION last Feburary for $10/mo after a 3 months free trial. After 3 months, they starting billing me $.35/min...well, I was not paying close attention (business trips, etc.) and discovered they were drafting my AMEX credit card for the VISION billing after the VISION deal somehow MYSTERIOUSLY vanished from my account.

Bottom line...I was overcharged $600 for 3 months for VISION alone. It took me a month and 8 calls to various CSR's, supervisors, etc. and I finally got a credit for the overcharge. (I finally found an intelligent, lucid, well spoken CSR who was not lazy and went back in my account records and verified everything I had told them repeatedly and I got the credit...she probably has left SPRINT by now given her qualities I mentioned earlier).

Anyway..the point of this now is that I have been told for months that the T600 was the solution to my problem. Turns out that I have just determined my T300 (2nd one) is under warranty and SPRINT is trying to find a T600 to replace it. They can't locate one locally, but I have copiuos notes in my account at SPRINT (every time I call I ask them to post everything in my account and verify at the end of the conversation by having the CSR read to me what they have inserted on the notes given the selective memory of SPRINT) that one is to be suppiled as soon as they locate one locally (ATLANTA) - they say no later than Oct 31.

As a very short term solution, they shipped me a re-furb T300 yesterday and when I called to activate it, they wanted me to re-up my contract for 150/100 and 5% discount. I SAID NO WAY! They transferred me to another CSR (I suspect the retention department and the guy was very nice, looked up local stores they showed T600's in stock so that I could call, reserve it, and run over there and get it and then also put me on hold he said he was going to get me some kind of good-will credit approved when THE CALL WAS DROPPED...LOL). I called back in and got a new brain-dead CSR who says he sees in the notes where the call was dropped while I was on-hold but can't do anything about it and doesn't know what was going on at the time and can't do anything about it.

I called the 3 locations that the CSR told me about...all 3 were sold out of T600's and said that they hadn't had any in over a week.

Bottom line...I will be MONTH TO MONTH until I determine if SPRINT is capable of managing this technology. I'm still very concerned that SPRINT is unable to manage their business. The have great technology, and the best marketing...but...their inventory system doesn't work..their billing doesn't work..their customer service is the worst and today, SPRINT PCS AND AT&T gapped down BIG in the stock market today because of the huge customer churn in the wireless business and it will get worse with NOV 24 (number portability) and my personal contract expiration. Cingular and NEXTEL are adding customers that are leaving PRINTPCS and AT&T.

They are doing ANYTHING to keep you as a customer. DON'T GIVE IN TOO QUICK. I ALMOST HAD A DISASTER ON MY VISION CONTRACT AND WAS 1 CALL AWAY FROM LITIGATION AND I WAS FULLY HONEST IN EVERYTHING I WAS DOING AND CONVEYING.

T600 appears to be great. Be careful which provider you chose.

Just thought you should know...