1.    #1  
    I just have a couple questions as I prepare to order my T600 next week.

1. Am I correct in assuming that I will be able to carry the phone around, unactivated on Sprint, until the number portability goes into effect? My reason is that I want to be able to see the signal strength on the phone for a couple weeks before abandoning Vz.

2. Those of you with tons of contacts, does the T600 display the correct caller id info quickly enough to answer the phone? On the 7135, if your contacts list got too big, and I mean more than 20 or so, it couldn't search the contacts list and display the caller id info before the phone had logged the call as missed. In other words, you couldn't screen calls very effectively because it would go to voicemail before you saw the info.

3. What is the process for answering and hanging up a call? Can this be done with single button presses, like with the center of the five way, so that you don't have to look at the screen?

That's all I can think of for now.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeK2

2. Those of you with tons of contacts, does the T600 display the correct caller id info quickly enough to answer the phone? On the 7135, if your contacts list got too big, and I mean more than 20 or so, it couldn't search the contacts list and display the caller id info before the phone had logged the call as missed. In other words, you couldn't screen calls very effectively because it would go to voicemail before you saw the info.
    I have >500 contacts in my T600 and haven't had that problem.
    1) Yes, you can carry the phone around unactivated.
    2) No delay with CallerID.
    3) One-button answer and hang up via the 5-way D-pad.
    If the phone's unactivated how do you plan on judging signal strength?
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    If the phone's unactivated how do you plan on judging signal strength?
    That was my question. Will it allow me to turn on the radio and see signal strength without activating it?

Thanks for the responses so far!

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeK2

That was my question. Will it allow me to turn on the radio and see signal strength without activating it?

Thanks for the responses so far!

Mike
    Yes, it'll just tell you that "this phone has not been activated yet" or some such if you try to make a call.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
    Yes, you can see the signal strength. You won't even know it's not activated until the time comes to make a call.
  8.    #8  
    Cool, thanks guys!

Mike