1.    #1  
    I have the treo 600 and kyocera 7135. My wish would be for a treo like smartphone with no keyboard...using the extra space for a larger screen and virtual grafitti. I think it would be a big hit. Or a 7135 like phone with a larger screen, thinner and virtual graffitti. Please consider!!
    Originally posted by rcyphermd
    ... My wish would be for a treo like smartphone with no keyboard...using the extra space for a larger screen and virtual grafitti...
    Have you seen the Samsung i330? That's pretty much what you just described...
    Originally posted by rcyphermd
    I have the treo 600 and kyocera 7135. My wish would be for a treo like smartphone with no keyboard...using the extra space for a larger screen and virtual grafitti. I think it would be a big hit. Or a 7135 like phone with a larger screen, thinner and virtual graffitti. Please consider!!
    I don't see it happening, at least from PalmOne... Look at how much they're hyping the new design of the keyboard! I think that it's pretty clear that they feel that they have a competitive advantage there and there's a segment of the market that probably agrees.

Samsung looks like a good bet for you, especially when you consider the SGH-i505 in addition to the i330 previously mentioned.
    Last edited by satyric; 10/23/2003 at 09:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ferrarinu

Have you seen the Samsung i330? That's pretty much what you just described...
    It's not OS 5, and has less colors, I believe.
    IMO, before they even consider making a neq version od the Treo, Handspring needs to iron out all the wrinkles in this version (Treo 600, which I'm using to post this ;-). If Handspring wants the KB to work they need to make it perfect. There should be no need to use the stlus for simple word processing. All one has todo is look at the user-mapping already prevallent in Windows and Mac keyboard shortcuts. These shortcuts are second nature to me. I suprised that they were not there when I initially used my Treo.

Since HS has dedicated itself to the KB input, HS needs to follow through.
    Why anybody would want a Treo without a keyboard is beyond me.

There are plenty of options on the market without keyboards, and lots more coming. Enjoy.
  7.    #7  
    I need the expansion slot....I do not believe these have that available. Unfortunately.
    I personally wouldn't buy one without a keyboard. It just seems for me so much easier if I only need to type a couple letters or numbers to actually just tap the keys with my fingers instead of pulling out the stylus, writing it and then putting it back away.