1.    #1  
    I've got the original Tungsten T with bluetooth enabled. When I'm at home, I have the tungsten sharing a bluetooth connection with my computer. I had the old business connect software on my palm so I could use it to check my email while at home. The trouble was, the software was not written for Palm OS 5 and I would get application errors while running the software.

I was hoping that when the new version was released that they would post the Treo 600 verision on the bc.sprintpcs website. Unfortunately they didn't. They posted upgraded version for the Treo 300, but that doesn't work on my Tungsten. Does anybody know of a way to get the Treo 600 (since that's on Palm OS 5) version of the software. I don't have a treo yet but I would like to try it out on my Tugsten T. Help...
    I've fooled around with this version on a friend's Tungsten W, as well as with the PocketPC client on a Bluetooth-enabled iPAQ. Both of those worked well. But I haven't seen a Tungsten T, much less tried it. My guess is that the T isn't supported, since Sprint hasn't said anything about it and doesn't sell it.

Having worked in software development for handhelds, I know that (unfortunately) it's difficult to take an application and have it run flawlessly on different devices (even if they're on the same version of the same OS), unless you invest substantial time tweaking/customizing the application for each device. I assume this is the same thing Sprint and all the other vendors would tell you about creating this stuff for the Treo 600 + the Treo 300 + the Samsung i500 + the Pocket PC phones, etc. etc.....
    Originally posted by hortense
    I've fooled around with this version on a friend's Tungsten W, as well as with the PocketPC client on a Bluetooth-enabled iPAQ. Both of those worked well. But I haven't seen a Tungsten T, much less tried it. My guess is that the T isn't supported, since Sprint hasn't said anything about it and doesn't sell it.

Having worked in software development for handhelds, I know that (unfortunately) it's difficult to take an application and have it run flawlessly on different devices (even if they're on the same version of the same OS), unless you invest substantial time tweaking/customizing the application for each device. I assume this is the same thing Sprint and all the other vendors would tell you about creating this stuff for the Treo 600 + the Treo 300 + the Samsung i500 + the Pocket PC phones, etc. etc.....
    Well, they WERE able to make it TREO 600 compatible.. with the 5 way navigation working.. and still work on the 300... so they need to be able to make the alerts work..l the same as they do on the 300...

I am sure it is a mater of time.

Mike
    duals: After my last post, I talked with a friend who has used this new version of BizConn (which *does* support the Treo 600) successfully on his Tungsten T (and on a new Tungsten T3).

Have you tried the new version of the software on your Tungsten T? If so, can you tell me at what point you're having a problem with BizConn on your Tungsten T? (At what point do things not work for you? Does it not even register correctly, or not do the first sync correctly?)
  5.    #5  
    hortense

I installed the newest version of biz connect on my desktop and on the pam v6.0.6.257. When I go to the Palm and open the biz connect software I start at the registration screen. I'm supposed to put my username, password, and mobile number. After tapping okay, the software tries to generate the software keys, but this is where it crashes. I can't even get beyond this point.
    Duals,

I'm running the new 6.0.6.257 version on a Tungsten T as well as a T3. While this release doesn't support the button on the 5-way nav (bummer!) it does work fine for me in all other respects.

If your problem occurs midway through key generation, it's probably connectivity related. The Biz Conn client establishes a connection to the Sprint servers after generating the first key, which on my Tungstens causes the Bluetooth link to be automatically activated.

One thing you might try is relinking your Tungsten to your phone using the Palm 'Phone Link' app. Make sure you have the most recent version of Phone Link, as well as the right profile add-on for your phone.

Just out of curiosity, what phone and network operator are you using?

-AG