1.    #1  
    Do any of you Visto MessageXpress users have problems? Everytime I install the software (and TreoMail before this), it works for a day or so, then stops connecting to the network. I think it has something to do with a firewall here at the office....any help out there??

Thanks,

-MTS
    I'm using Visto now, and like you, TreoMail before that, and my connection stays solid just about 100% of the time. I would guess what you're experiencing is indeed some firewall blockage.
    I'm not a firewall maestro, but that's as good a guess as any...
    Visto (redirector version) seems to be down much of the day. Is it me or are others experiencing problems (10/23)?
    Originally posted by MobileGuy
    Visto (redirector version) seems to be down much of the day. Is it me or are others experiencing problems (10/23)?
    well, now it seems to be up and running again.. never mind.
    you're not losing it - I was having a little connectivity issue to the Visto servers as well. All good now though, and for the past few hours...
    thanks, that's good to know.

On a related note, I do like Visto, hope they do a few things to improve it (background sending/receivig, better use of keys (e.g., for deleting, marking un-read w/o stylus), etc. And if you could actually do attachments in native format, I'd stop looking elsewhere...)
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Anyone able to open attachments? I have the Treo 600 DocsToGo and the trial version of Quickoffice and I can't open any attachments.
    John
    Neither Visto nor Sprint's BizConn use external programs such as DocsToGo and QuickOfc to open attachments - they render the attachments as plain text. So if you're expecting to see WordToGo and the like fire up when you click on an attachment, you'll have a long wait. That's not how either of these programs work.
    SnapperMail makes use of these programs, but that's a fundamentally different approach. SM doesn't have an Exchange redirector. SM grabs your mail right off the server, and uses DTG or QO to open the attachment. But if you're like me, and are an Exchange user (without POP access to the server), SM isn't an option.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    That would be acceptable; however, I can't get it to open any attachment type. It says it needs to download the document and then it tells me that it can't open it. This is different than opening it in a text view.
    John
    barjohn, when you say "it" - which mail program are you referring to?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Visto. Here is a list of the problems I found and sent to Visto. I have never received a response.
    1. On a reply it doesn't recognize valid email addressess of the form "name@company.com (SenderName)"
    2. Takes 20 to 25 minutes to receive a message sent to your email address
    3. Mailbox limited to 2MB
    4. No support for attachments of XLS or DOC.
    5. Creates an error "Attachment not found on server error 404"

I was really hoping it would be fast push mail able to support attached .doc and .xls files. It would also be nice if it supported html email as more and more users tend to use that format rather than plain text.

I am using Visto with POP email, not the corporate exchange server redirector or the desktop redirector. If you are going to pay for a service it should deliver.

I had previously tried the desktop redirector but it could not get through our firewall and could not use the proxy server for some reason. Other desktop redirectors I tired could.
    John