22 75.86%
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Should I change from TMobile to Sprint?:

TMobile:
    ---------
    - 3000 Anytime minutes, $65 a month, 2mb gprs data usage
    - Southeast Long Distance (Atlanta, GA)
    - Just moved into a new house, and my 180 doesn't get good reception.
    - 10/22 and STILL no t600
    $65 a month

Sprint:
    --------
    - Obviously, they HAVE the t600 now!
    - I can get the 1,000 minutes w/ unlimited internet for $75 a month through my company (10 bucks more than tmobile)
    - GUy at work has one!! (I was drooling in the meeting!)
    - errr...battery life not as good, so I've read (guy at work didn't have a problem w/ it)
    - Sprint signal may be stronger at my new house than tmobile.

So, I called my company's sprint dealer @ 5:45 est today, and left a message. He should be calling me in the morning. What should I do?????? Please offer a sane point of view, as I've been a' freakin' for a GSM t600 for ~30 days!! THanks
    dude when you get a Treo 300/600, 2 MB usage for me is less than one day.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I think its obvious.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    forgot about # portability. By that time TMo might have their butts in gear.
    Well, for $10 more you get 2000 less anytime mins, but unlimited internet and better reception.

On top of that, you would get the Treo 600 for $399 (upgrade credit) - $150 (2yr contract) = $250 (minus whatever you get for selling your Treo 180). Not bad at all.

I'd go with Sprint. Ask your guy at work about his service in general as far as using it as a phone, then the experience with the data side. Sprint's been good to me in the 4+ years I've had them, but like all companies it seems to depend greatly on where u are.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I also was tempted to switch to Sprint, but I am going to stick it out for Tmobile. From my own research into Sprint vs Tmobile, plus from what I've pieced together reading these boards, here are some more strikes against Sprint to consider:

- Sprint charges an extra $5/mo for unlimited "off-network" roaming

-Sprint will charge you a $36 new line activation fee (vs just swapping out the SIM card from your Treo 180)

-When you are outside of Sprint's network, you can roam on voice only, but you can't access data services

--If you want to change your plan mid-contract, Sprint resets the number of months on your contract back to its original term

--and most importantly, Catherine Zeta Jones is way hotter than Sprint's trench coat guy. I mean, I make all of my most important purchasing decisions based on how good looking the company spokesperson is, dont you?
    Last edited by CharFeld; 10/23/2003 at 09:19 AM.
    Originally posted by CharFeld
    -Sprint will charge you a $36 new line activation fee (vs just swapping out the SIM card from your Treo 180)
    They have a promotion going on that waives the activation charge.

-When you are outside of Sprint's network, you can roam on voice only, but you can't access data services
    Can you with T-Mo?

--If you want to change your plan mid-contract, Sprint resets the number of months on your contract back to its original term
    Not entirely true...myself and others have changed their plans without having the contract reset....YMMV.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    They have a promotion going on that waives the activation charge.
    Good. Activation charges are EVIL. In the 90s, no self respecting cell phone customer ever paid one. All the companies always waived them with new contracts. Nowadays, waiving of activation fees is much more rare. It's stupid if you ask me - why give your competitors customers an added incentive to stick with their existing plan?

Can you with T-Mo?
    Yes, you can roam on data with T-Mo.

Not entirely true...myself and others have changed their plans without having the contract reset....YMMV.
    T-Mobile philosophy is 'we want you to have the plan that's right for you.' So with Tmobile you can change plans as often as you want with no penalty. Sure you can try to sweetalk Sprint into not resetting your contract, but they may or may agree to it.

So TreoO - which did you choose?
    Sprint's general plan-change policy is to not force you to change plans if you are upgrading plans, but they usually do require you do to so if you are downgrading plans (minute wise).
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net