1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to get this keyboard to work with the 600. I downloaded "IR Keybd OS5" to replace the application I had for the 300. But I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
    Ken:

I can get the 600 to recognize letters but it 'sticks' and repeats and the delay is 5-10 seconds.

Let's stay close on this and maybe someone will have a solution.
    I've narrowed the problem down to 16 characters being cached before they are transferred to the Tre0 600 or passed through to the Treos screen.

Very strange.

Test it yourself.
    Go to the test area on the IR software keyboard. Type all the letters that it will hold. After that it will beep for every additional character input. Press a character fifteen times and then on the sixteenth you'll here the Treo beep 16 times the equivalent of showing up on the screen.
    I just returned a Belkins keyboard to Best Buy that did not work at all (even after updating the driver from their web site to get the OS5 version). I took a Targus keyboard and it works ok.

I say ok because the keys are fine, but the little mouse/cursor key does not work with most applications. It DOES work with Quickword and Snapper.

I posted more info on another thread here called Belkins vs. Targus vs. Handspring vs. Palm....seeking more info on the alternatives.

Let me know if I can help more.
    Jim
    Mine works fine too, except for the mouse cursor. And unlike the earlier poster, my cursor doesn't work with Snappermail (I think). Didn't try it out with Quickword. Otherwise, the keyboard works great. Could it be a software conflict? Make sure the IR arm is properly aimed.
    Originally posted by drvjmj
    I just returned a Belkins keyboard to Best Buy that did not work at all (even after updating the driver from their web site to get the OS5 version). I took a Targus keyboard and it works ok.

I say ok because the keys are fine, but the little mouse/cursor key does not work with most applications. It DOES work with Quickword and Snapper.

I posted more info on another thread here called Belkins vs. Targus vs. Handspring vs. Palm....seeking more info on the alternatives.

Let me know if I can help more.
    Jim
    I have searched TreoCentral and Targus tech support and can find no help. Am posting here so that in the case that someone else comes up with something, I will hear about it.