1.    #1  
    Has anyone found any good uses for their old 300 after trade-up?

I assume that Sprint cuts off the service to the 300 immediately after activating your new 600.

I realize I could use it as just a spare palm device with no phone service, but I prefer to have a single palm always up-to-date.

If I give it away or sell it to a relative or friend, will they be able to activate it for their own phone number with Sprint?

I wish I could keep it as a spare with live phone service on the same number, but don't think cell phone companies allow "extensions".

Any other good ideas?

Regards,

Nate
    Actually you could take your old Treo, and tell them you want to activate it with a new number, but you want the phone to share the minutes of the plan of your New Treo 600! Voila! You now have a spare, at minimal connection costs.
    Originally posted by NateS
    Has anyone found any good uses for their old 300 after trade-up?

I assume that Sprint cuts off the service to the 300 immediately after activating your new 600.

I realize I could use it as just a spare palm device with no phone service, but I prefer to have a single palm always up-to-date.

If I give it away or sell it to a relative or friend, will they be able to activate it for their own phone number with Sprint?

I wish I could keep it as a spare with live phone service on the same number, but don't think cell phone companies allow "extensions".

Any other good ideas?

Regards,

Nate
    Of course a relative/friend can activate it on their own account - I'm giving my "brand new" warranty replacement 300 to my son as a Xmas present. I might even wait until WLNP (11/24/03) before I activate it and squeeze Sprint's retention department for some major credits on a very old (5+ yrs) account.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Play hockey? It would make a decent puck.
    If the lid still works, you could use it to pick your dog's ****.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Actually you could take your old Treo, and tell them you want to activate it with a new number, but you want the phone to share the minutes of the plan of your New Treo 600! Voila! You now have a spare, at minimal connection costs.
    There are many charities that will collect old cell phones and give them to the needy.

http://www.collectivegood.com/

That's one site.

You even get a tax break!
    Ken
    got $170 for mine on ebay...
    Originally posted by ToonFan
    If the lid still works, you could use it to pick your dog's ****.
    LOL! Now that is my kind of sense of humor!