Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if McPhling will work with the T600? I really miss that functionality.

If not, is their an alternative?

Many thanks!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    I just got an e-mail from Mike McCollister that said he will release the Treo 600 compliant version tonight or tomorrow morning. I've been looking at betas, and it now works great! There will now be about 200 ways to activate the program: 5-way, hard buttons, alpha keys, alt+alpha keys, and PRESS AND HOLD any of the above.

Check his web site for version 5.30 tomorrow.
    Last edited by scrinch; 10/22/2003 at 06:51 PM.
    Now it is.
    please post your impressions of this and how it works with the 600
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Fantastic!
    The new version rocks and totally changes my Treo experience.
    Now all I need to do is to get a decent (one that works) version of a Today type program and I'll be set !! Anyone know of one ??
  7.    #7  
    Just fantastic! Highly, highly recommended! To be able to hit a key and go back to the previous app is very powerful. The other features rock as well. Way to go Mike!
  8. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    ravi, which botton(s) did you enable to use Mcfling and does using a button interfere with any other functionality?
  9.    #9  
    FYI,

I used "a" for applications and the opposite end "<--" for go back. That was the most intuitive solution I could come up with. Make sure you check the box that says "Hold". This way, it won't activate every time you touch those buttons. It's really great!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I used Treo 5 way up for apps and Treo 5way down for back both with the hold option checked so it wouldn't interfere with the normal use of these buttons.
    Very impressed though -can't praise it enough !!
  11. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Cool.

Are you using Tealmaster?

Any other hacks that you recommend for Treo 600?
    I first tried 5-way up and left with hold for apps and back, respectively but I discovered that I relied on auto repeat of these buttons in some apps.

Now I use press n hold calendar for apps and mail for back. Nice since they surround the d-pad. It's awesome!

I did have to use Custom though since the hardware button option didn't work.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Not much else really - still relatively new to all this !!
    Just got mLights - it keeps the keyboard backlight off during the day (when you dont need it) and stops it coming on when you're just using the stylus and the screen ie. playing games etc. I thought that this one was really useful too :

<http://www.motionapps.com>
    Right...the hard buttons only work with the "custom" option. When I assigned the alpha keys, I found that there were interferences with some program-specific shortcuts (for example in Snappermail) so I have settled on the hard buttons and the 5-way. I haven't decided wherther I will use 5-way L and 5-way R, or the #2 and #3 hard buttons. Either way, though, commonly used programs are much more conveniently available than with the Palm launcher. I used McPhling so much on my Treo 300, that I almost forgot how to use the Palm launcher.
    Do I have a HARDWARE Problem?

I cannot get McPhling to activate from any of the Hard buttons (1-4) or the 5 way. The only way it works is by pressing a custom letter (letter a -z) to activate it.

I can set it up to activate via Custom by pressing a Hard Key (such as Hard Key 2) by pressing that key from within the custom setup, but then my device WON'T turn on by pressing that Hard Key!

I've tried a Hard Reset with only McPhling installed. I'm thinking this is a Hardware Revision A bug. Can anybody else with Hardware revision A confirm this? Can somebody with B or C confirm it does work? If it's a Revision A bug I'm sending mine back! I also noticed I had similar problems with the Hard Keys not working properly in TealLaunch.

To check your Hardware Revision go to the phone screen and press ##786 then dial (discussed in detail in other threads)
    Awesome program.

Originally posted by wcarlson40
    Do I have a HARDWARE Problem?

I cannot get McPhling to activate from any of the Hard buttons (1-4) or the 5 way. The only way it works is by pressing a custom letter (letter a -z) to activate it.

Are you sure you have the right version? And McPhling enabled?

Are you using Tealmaster?
    Just to be clear, you want the OS5 version for the T6. You don't need TealMaster.
    Originally posted by skfny
    Awesome program.

Are you sure you have the right version? And McPhling enabled?

Just to be clear, you want the OS5 version for the T6. You don't need TealMaster.

YES, that's what this whole post is about (version 5.30!!!!)
    AND YES it's enable, how else would it work with the letters?

You didn't read my post, I started with a Hard Reset and installed ONLY McPhling, no Tealmaster, no nothing....

Sorry to get excited, I just want this app to work!

Can somebody please check their revision letter so I can know if I need to send it back or not?
    Originally posted by ravi
    Fantastic!
    The new version rocks and totally changes my Treo experience.
    Now all I need to do is to get a decent (one that works) version of a Today type program and I'll be set !! Anyone know of one ??
    I don't know who makes it but Today works well. It's freeware and it supports skins and has a launcher. It's small and basic. I have a Windows XP skin on it.
    wcarlson40
    I cannot get McPhling to activate from any of the Hard buttons (1-4) or the 5 way.
    That is the only way that the hard keys can be assigned on the T600. The Hard Key #1, #2, etc options don't work with the Treo 600. I'm not sure why the 5-Way doesn't work...did you try assigning the 5-way with the HOLD option checked?

I can set it up to activate via Custom by pressing a Hard Key (such as Hard Key 2) by pressing that key from within the custom setup, but then my device WON'T turn on by pressing that Hard Key!
    Works the same way on my hardware revision B. Try assigning HOLD-Hard Key...I think McPhling overwrites the previous functionality of a key when the program is assigned to it...and part of the old functionality is turning on the screen.

My guess is that you don't have a hardware problem...you are just finding small software "undocumented features."
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    re. Today
    Tried it last week but it doesn't support Snappermail or SMS !

Does look fab though !
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast