Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    There's gotta be a way to do this. I obviously don't want to use any of the horrible pics the 600 takes for anything, but I'd like to use my own pics for caller IDs and wallpaper. However, the caller ID and wallpaper option only seems to access the database for the 600's pics.

    Anyone know the solution?
  2. #2  
    Good question!!!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  3. #3  
    In your "Handspring" folder on your computer there's a "Treo Pictures" folder. Within there are folders for all the user ID's you sync. Within there is a folder for the pictures that were taken by your treo and a folder labeled "transfer".

    Put whatever you wanna move to your treo in the "transfer" folder.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

    If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
  4. #4  
    Doug! That's awesome my friend! How the heck did you figure that out???
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  5. #5  
    Do you drag the .pdb to the transfer folder or a jpeg?
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  6.    #6  
    Unfortunately that only works for PC users -- Mac users don't have the photo conduit...
  7. #7  
    (Mac user) Can you email the JPEG to yourself, and use your Treo to receive it as an attachment? Just an idea, not a big Mac user myself (by office standard, not choice).
  8. #8  
    I use this site alot while at work. browse to the jpeg or midi and type in your phone number. Sends it right away and you just download it right to the phone.
    http://www.sprintusers.com/focus/
    You aint gotta lie to Kick it !
  9. #9  
    Mailing the picture to yourself works. If you're sending pictures to your phone you might want to use something like GraphicConverter http://www.lemkesoft.com and strip the resource fork and preview so it's as small as possible. Also, the Treo's screen doesn't give you a lot of contrast, so adjusting the contrast way up seems to make them more recognizable.
    ___________
    Erik Wieland - Treo 600 (Sprint)

    **** Clark for President! ****
    **** http://clark04.com ****
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by csherman
    Do you drag the .pdb to the transfer folder or a jpeg?

    Donno how I figured it out. I maya read it in the manual, but when I just quick flipped through it so I could point you guys to a page and chastise you for not reading it, I couldn't find it.

    Just put the jpg in there. Though, as noted by others, if you're on a Mac you may be outta luck. (I'd tend to say that if you're on a Mac, you're just outta luck period. You got more problems than transferring pics to your PDA. )

    So far, I've resized all my pics down to the 160x160 range before transferring. I assume that the treo will downsize for you, but there's no sense taking up any space that you don't have to.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

    If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by Doug Hillman

    I assume that the treo will downsize for you
    I don't know about that. If you receive a big picture as an attachment, and then send it from Treo as an attachment, I believe it will arrive at its destination at full size.
  12. #12  
    Doug-

    Call me the next time you're dealing with a virus/worm (should be any minute now) and remind me how much trouble Macs are.
    ___________
    Erik Wieland - Treo 600 (Sprint)

    **** Clark for President! ****
    **** http://clark04.com ****
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by ewieland
    Doug-

    Call me the next time you're dealing with a virus/worm (should be any minute now) and remind me how much trouble Macs are.
    Never happens (to me at least). I keep on top of MS updates and virus protection. (I've certainly dealt with recovering alot of friends' computers lately though. )

    I just see it as a consequence of running what's popular and prevalent.

    If there were enough Macs in the world to bother with, you'd certainly see more virii than you do.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

    If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by Boodles


    I don't know about that. If you receive a big picture as an attachment, and then send it from Treo as an attachment, I believe it will arrive at its destination at full size.
    I meant that it would downsize it to display on your screen as a caller ID pic.

    I'll throw a big .jpg on mine to test it out.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

    If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
  15. #15  
    Doug, I feel kinda dumb but I can't figure this out. I put a .jpg in the folder and synced. The pic is still in the photo on my PC but isn't on the Treo. Can you splain me what I'm doing wrong?

    Originally posted by Doug Hillman



    Donno how I figured it out. I maya read it in the manual, but when I just quick flipped through it so I could point you guys to a page and chastise you for not reading it, I couldn't find it.

    Just put the jpg in there. Though, as noted by others, if you're on a Mac you may be outta luck. (I'd tend to say that if you're on a Mac, you're just outta luck period. You got more problems than transferring pics to your PDA. )

    So far, I've resized all my pics down to the 160x160 range before transferring. I assume that the treo will downsize for you, but there's no sense taking up any space that you don't have to.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by csherman
    Doug, I feel kinda dumb but I can't figure this out. I put a .jpg in the folder and synced. The pic is still in the photo on my PC but isn't on the Treo. Can you splain me what I'm doing wrong?

    Make sure you put the picture in the folder with YOUR NAME and then transfer.. the lowest folder level!!

    If the picture is a format it doesn't like it simply won't transfer.

    Mike
  17. #17  
    Hmmm. Still doesn't work.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  18. njchris's Avatar
    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    #18  
    What folder did you put it in?

    You should put it in the "TRANSFER" folder found within the handspring/treo photos/yourID/ folder

    (Treo photos might not be the exact folder, I'm at work and can't tell)
  19. #19  
    Doesn't work for me either. Using the correct folder on my desktop. Where do i see it on my treo?
  20. #20  
    I am putting it in the correct folder and still no go! Ughhhh! I hate it when things that are supposed to work don't!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions