Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Is there a way to attach a photo to a contact? For example I meet a new person. I want to add their name . address. phone, zip. I would also like to have a photo that attaches to their contact info. I see there is a way to have the phone show a particular photo when they call, but I would like to see a photo when I look at their contact info.
    Take the photo with the Treo, then add the contact to your favorites. Then you can edit the favorite button, click "more" and select the image. That's the only way I know and it seem like there must be an easier way....
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Take the photo with the Treo, then add the contact to your favorites. Then you can edit the favorite button, click "more" and select the image. That's the only way I know and it seems like there must be an easier way....
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Anyone figure out how to upload an image and attach it to a contact? Only images taken by the crappy camera show up in the list. I have uploaded a few files in various file formats and they show up fine on my SD card and can be viewed with an image viewer (AcidImage) but i can't find a way to select one of those images for a favorite contact.
    Originally posted by adnan
    Anyone figure out how to upload an image and attach it to a contact? Only images taken by the crappy camera show up in the list. I have uploaded a few files in various file formats and they show up fine on my SD card and can be viewed with an image viewer (AcidImage) but i can't find a way to select one of those images for a favorite contact.

There are plenty of threads on this already. Try doing a search and you'll come up with the info. But anyway... There are two ways I know of:

1) On your PC, copy the picture you want to the dir C:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\'your user name'\Transfer. Then hotsync and the picture will be synced to your Treo.

2) If you have SnapperMail or another e-mail client that handles attachments, that works. Just e-mail it to the account you have set up on your Treo. Download the e-mail and when you select the attachment, there's an option to open it with Picture, which will make it available for caller ID or wallpaper.
    You can put the picture on an SD card and use a file transfer program like Filez to move it to your Treo.

If you want each contact to have a picture shown in the address book, try AddressAlbum by www.evolutionary.net.