1.    #1  
    The charger that came with my 600 whines badly when it's plugged in-- the standard annoying-as-all-fsck badly-behaved transformer noise.

Anybody else? I'm using the charger from my 300 because I can't stand sleeping next to this thing.
    Mine whines too but only when I don't have my 600 plugged in to it.
    Funny... I just noticed last night my charger has a high pitch noise to it. Anyone else? Is it bad to use it to charge the treo with a high pitch noise? The noise is not super loud, you have to actually listen for it.
  4. pan
    Yes! My wife made me move it from the bedroom because it was keeping her from sleeping. I've never had this problem before with any of the power supplies I've owned.

Pan
    Yeppers on the whine.
    yes, and if you call handspring to replace it they tell you to call Sprint. I bought it from HS!!!
    Sprint won't do anything cause they don't have any. To bad HS decided to go cheap on us. This guy should have come with that $30 cradle...
  7.    #7  
    I disagree about the cradle. I would never use one if I had it, and I'd rather not have the extra cost bundled into the price.
    Mine hums too.
    I use the T300 charger, so that may be why I've never heard the whine.
    But my 600 one is OK.

Being paranoid, I checked with Handspring support and they assure me that the chargers are fine and pose no danger even if they make this little noise. It's a bit annoying though if you like to charge the phone in your bedroom.
    Mine hums too. Drives me batty at times. Only happens when unplugged.
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    It's a bit annoying though if you like to charge the phone in your bedroom.
    Whatever you want to call it, pal.
    Yep, mine has that very high-pitched noise, too, and only when it is plugged into the wall without the Treo attached.

Also, I occasionally hear interference through my radio or computer equipment from just the Treo alone. Anyone else hear this one? I wish I had a sound file for it as it is hard to describe, but it alomost sounds like the interference sound that my 270 occasionally made when it was doing a hotsync.
    BTW, I wonder if I am hearing this interference at the times when the HS mail application is periodically checking for new mail...
    My charger also whines. Has anyone tried a replacement or aftermarket charger to see if it also whines?