1. MDN
    Anyone who have experience with Goodlink for Treo. Does it actually acts like Blackberry?

Does it include?

-Background (Recieve and send imediately)
    -Alert

Anything else?

Do you really recommend this?

Thanks
    We're trialing GoodLink right now. Good has a deal where you can try it for a month for free (I assume they'll let any serious company in on the trial). After that it's $330/user (minimum 5) a year. No server one-time charge anymore. We have three handsets and the GoodLink server. The server is on a separate box of ours, and connects to our Exchange 2000 server.

In short, it works as expected. Email arrives pretty much simultaneously on my desktop and my Treo 600 (sometimes the Treo gets it first, actually). And if you create or delete an item in either location, it's reflected in the other. Very nice for email, contact (one phone book!), and schedule.

The only issues I'm working on right now are:

1. Whether I can upgrade the attachment-reading software to something like Dataviz Pro (shows tables graphically, etc.). GoodLink supports .DOC, .PPT, .XLS, and .PDF -- it's just that for .DOCs and .PPTs I'd like the same WYSIWYG treatment that you get for .XLSs (which look fine). Haven't figured this out yet, although I've installed Dataviz Pro already.

2. All of your folders appear, but you only get the items that arrive after you install the server. So I'll probably have to copy or resend all the items to get them to appear on the Treo. Not such a big deal.

All in all -- so far so good. If anyone's got any solutions to the above, I'd appreciate hearing them.

John
    John
    I have just finsihed beta testing it for a month and love it and am giving up my good old blackberry.

by the way, did you find out if goodlink offers an updated viewer as you suggested? in particular, do you know of anyway to view tif files in goodlink?
    Originally posted by neillebo
    I have just finsihed beta testing it for a month and love it and am giving up my good old blackberry.

by the way, did you find out if goodlink offers an updated viewer as you suggested? in particular, do you know of anyway to view tif files in goodlink?
    My rep said that thay were "integrating Dataviz in December." Nothing beyond that.
    John
    Originally posted by jbeans
    We're trialing GoodLink right now. Good has a deal where you can try it for a month for free (I assume they'll let any serious company in on the trial). After that it's $330/user (minimum 5) a year. No server one-time charge anymore. We have three handsets and the GoodLink server. The server is on a separate box of ours, and connects to our Exchange 2000 server.

In short, it works as expected. Email arrives pretty much simultaneously on my desktop and my Treo 600 (sometimes the Treo gets it first, actually). And if you create or delete an item in either location, it's reflected in the other. Very nice for email, contact (one phone book!), and schedule.

The only issues I'm working on right now are:

1. Whether I can upgrade the attachment-reading software to something like Dataviz Pro (shows tables graphically, etc.). GoodLink supports .DOC, .PPT, .XLS, and .PDF -- it's just that for .DOCs and .PPTs I'd like the same WYSIWYG treatment that you get for .XLSs (which look fine). Haven't figured this out yet, although I've installed Dataviz Pro already.

2. All of your folders appear, but you only get the items that arrive after you install the server. So I'll probably have to copy or resend all the items to get them to appear on the Treo. Not such a big deal.

All in all -- so far so good. If anyone's got any solutions to the above, I'd appreciate hearing them.

John
    I love it. I think it is working great. The only way to get around that issues of items on the server before Good was on your device is to move everything out and then back in. No real big deal. I also heard that they were coming out with 3rd party software for attachments. didn't hear a specific date but was told it was soon.
    the contacts section needs work. For some reason there is no option to beam a contact. I am sure they will fix that as all PDA's have and have had beaming since the start of PDA's practically. Also they need a search feature and it should also be intergrated into the 600 search command. Right now there is no way of searching (from Good or the Treo ) anything in Good except in the email app. Also need a way to assing more than one work number or home number etc... These are mainly things that will probably be fixed in future releases because Good listens to customer feedback very seriously. Overall though it's great and would highly recommend it over blackberry or anything else. Also very good and responsive tech support which seems to be 24hrs.
    I currently have a Treo 270 with TMobile and a Blackberry for work. My CTO just told me he has an extra Treo 600 from AT&T and asked me if I want it. The company will pay for it and my service and install Goodlink so that I no longer need my Blackberry.

I primarily use my Treo for personal use and am wondering if I can have my Palm Desktop software reside on my home computer and the Goodlink software on my work computer (sorry if that's a stupid question).

Would I be able to keep my personal calendar separate from my work calendar?