1.    #1  
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody else is having a slight "color bleeding" problem with their Treo 600, or if mine is defective.

For example, when I go to the main phone screen, I see the dial pad with the numbers. However, underneath the * sign, the 0 key, and the # sign, I can see the color of all the buttons extending down towards the bottom of the screen. It's a much lighter/subtler/slighter color (it's not as dark as the actually button colors themselves), but I can see it nonetheless. The same thing at the top of the screen, above the 1, 2, and 3 keys. The swash of colors from the buttons extends towards the top of the screen. This is the same sort of situation in all the programs that I'm working in.

Is this the same with everybody? Or does my unit need to go back?

Thanks,
    Scott
    I had this problem with my Sony Ericsson T610, but am not having it with my Treo 600. I always thought it was due to an inferior quality screen.
    I've got exactly the same thing on my Orange UK GSM Treo 600.

To be honest, I hadn't really noticed it until I read your post and had a look. I reckon it's probably just a 'feature' of the display.
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Originally posted by scotty321
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody else is having a slight "color bleeding" problem with their Treo 600, or if mine is defective.

For example, when I go to the main phone screen, I see the dial pad with the numbers. However, underneath the * sign, the 0 key, and the # sign, I can see the color of all the buttons extending down towards the bottom of the screen. It's a much lighter/subtler/slighter color (it's not as dark as the actually button colors themselves), but I can see it nonetheless. The same thing at the top of the screen, above the 1, 2, and 3 keys. The swash of colors from the buttons extends towards the top of the screen. This is the same sort of situation in all the programs that I'm working in.

Is this the same with everybody? Or does my unit need to go back?

Thanks,
    Scott

Try lowering your contrast. Preferences ---> Display. I have mine set just below the "t" in the "...can see all three shapes." line.

-Marc
  5.    #5  
    Hey, that seems to help the problem dramatically! I can still see the colors bleeding a little bit, but it is MUCH less intrusive. Thanks for the great tip.