Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    From an article I found @ http://news.corporate.findlaw.com/pr...003164446.html

"Sprint and Handspring will provide hands-on demonstrations of the Treo 600 at CTIA Wireless IT in Las Vegas on October 22 - 23, 2003. Sprint is an exhibitor in the M2M Zone at booth number 1340."

Maybe this is another factor in GSM delay....maybe not. It could have been in their contract (to do a show together), and this would have looked weird to all the other providers if they also carried it. I'm stretching here, but hey......still interesting note.

If anyone can make the show, please keep us updated as to any news you hear (especially regarding the GSM roll-out).

treoo0
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Ed Colligan, president and chief operating officer for Handspring

All of us waiting on the GSM version, let's find email addresses, etc., and write him! Direct him to treocentral.com to obtain a taste of how everyone is frustrated.
    let me state this frankly-
    ed colligan's stock options converted and turned into what conservatively must be several millions of dollars with the Palm acquisition of HS, he really does't give a crap what any of us think, he's more worried about upgrading his his boat to a yacht....
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Originally posted by theevaluator
    let me state this frankly-
    ed colligan's stock options converted and turned into what conservatively must be several millions of dollars with the Palm acquisition of HS, he really does't give a crap what any of us think, he's more worried about upgrading his his boat to a yacht....
    I disagree. If you send a letter to the Corporate Office (granted, an email is not as affective), it WILL get disseminated downward...and you will be contacted. That way, it may be brought up in a high-level meeting...and this crap won't happen again.
    I disagree. If you send a letter to the Corporate Office (granted, an email is not as affective), it WILL get disseminated downward...and you will be contacted. That way, it may be brought up in a high-level meeting...and this crap won't happen again.
    ahhh hahhahahahah....ohhh, my sides hurt from laughing...that is FUNNY stuff...

whew! sniff (flicks tear from eye with finger...)

man, you people kill me sometimes...what little magic world will that happen in? the one where ed colligan flys to your bedroom window at night on a magic butterfly and puts a treo under your pillow?

i've got news for you- thats not the way it works- your handwritten letter ends up in the trash, and your electronic email is intercepted by server side filters that spam you back with an automated response- colligan has too much money to care any more, CEO's don't have MBOs for failed product launches, and IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN, JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE....

bottome line is they botched their launch- just like the last one, and they might not be around for the next one, particularly with how long their product cycles are- like that old line- "yeah we chose the screen two years ago" LOL- that one kills me....
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by theevaluator

ahhh hahhahahahah....ohhh, my sides hurt from laughing...that is FUNNY stuff...

whew! sniff (flicks tear from eye with finger...)

man, you people kill me sometimes...what little magic world will that happen in? the one where ed colligan flys to your bedroom window at night on a magic butterfly and puts a treo under your pillow?

i've got news for you- thats not the way it works- your handwritten letter ends up in the trash, and your electronic email is intercepted by server side filters that spam you back with an automated response- colligan has too much money to care any more, CEO's don't have MBOs for failed product launches, and IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN, JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE....

bottome line is they botched their launch- just like the last one, and they might not be around for the next one, particularly with how long their product cycles are- like that old line- "yeah we chose the screen two years ago" LOL- that one kills me....
    While I agree that chances are nothing will happen, I must say Iíve gotten some amazing results by sending email to all the executive management. I would not limit it to one person, Iíd go to as many of the executive team as possible. If you get no responce, replay to everyone on the list in a few days a bit frustrated that no one bothered to get back to you.

I'd start with the people found here:

http://www.handspring.com/company/execteam.jhtml

and here

http://www.palm.com/us/company/corporate/executive.html

A well worded letter (not a rant) may at least get some answers. Iím sure they wont accelerate there release date, but I think we all would love to get some real information.

I think HS email addresses are first initial last name@handspring.com so "Bob Phart" would be bphart@handspring.com. If you feel so motivated, you have nothing to loose but time.