Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I checked the manual and did a search on this site for this but couldn't find it. Anyway, how do you use the shortcuts under preferences on the Treo 600? Am I missing something? I would like to use DS to get the date stamp.

Thanks,
    Marc
    Originally posted by mabmarc
    I checked the manual and did a search on this site for this but couldn't find it. Anyway, how do you use the shortcuts under preferences on the Treo 600? Am I missing something? I would like to use DS to get the date stamp.

Thanks,
    Marc
    [list=1][*]Type "s."[*]Press the "Alt" key.[*]A list of symbols will pop up. Choose the one that looks like this one, :shortcut:.[*]Type your shortcut name and your shortcut text will be inserted in its place.[/list=1]

For a quicker way to use shortcuts, a shortcut for your shortcuts if you will, install Graffiti Anywhere or NewPen and do your shortcuts in Graffiti.
    Originally posted by DarthRepublican
    For a quicker way to use shortcuts, a shortcut for your shortcuts if you will, install Graffiti Anywhere or NewPen and do your shortcuts in Graffiti.
    I don't know about Graffiti Anywhere or NewPen, but you can also use Jot, but with somewhat mixed results: with Jot running you can use the KB to enter both the :shortcut: and the shortcut, or you can use Jot to enter both the :shortcut: and the shortcut, but you get unpredictable results if you try to mix and match (i.e., using the stylus to enter :shortcut: and KB to enter the shortcut never works and using the KB to enter :shortcut: and stylus to enter the shortcut sometimes works and sometimes not). Using Jot's shortcut shortcut (no :shortcut: but upstroke before and after the shortcut) works, but is pretty strict (i.e., a single downstroke will produce an "i" in regular typing, but in the shortcut shortcut, you have to dot it).
    Regards,

Robert
    Hold down the Menu button and then press the letter of the shortcut while you're in the app to activate the particular shortcut that you want.