Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Anybody know if it's possible to "easily" send pictures from a Sprint phone to Verizon or vice versa? Or for that matter between any two carriers?

I'm guessing there's no "phone camera picture standard" so I'm sure two Sprint phones wouldn't have a problem, or two Verizon's, etc. But what about different carriers?

I realize with a T600 you could probably create an email to send a picture anywhere but that wouldn't help you send to a non-email enabled phone.

Why am I asking this?

I "NEED" to buy myself a T600. My wife however doesn't see my "NEED" as clearly as I do. However if I bought her a Verizon camera phone (she's already a Verizon customer) then we could share pictures, she'd get a cool new toy (she's already mentioned a camera phone) and my "NEED" would be satisfied as well.

Since she would never want a Treo, and she's very happy with Verizon, this is my best move.

Anybody?

Thanks, bostonguy
    Originally posted by bostonguy
    Anybody know if it's possible to "easily" send pictures from a Sprint phone to Verizon or vice versa? Or for that matter between any two carriers?

I'm guessing there's no "phone camera picture standard" so I'm sure two Sprint phones wouldn't have a problem, or two Verizon's, etc. But what about different carriers?

I realize with a T600 you could probably create an email to send a picture anywhere but that wouldn't help you send to a non-email enabled phone.

Why am I asking this?

I "NEED" to buy myself a T600. My wife however doesn't see my "NEED" as clearly as I do. However if I bought her a Verizon camera phone (she's already a Verizon customer) then we could share pictures, she'd get a cool new toy (she's already mentioned a camera phone) and my "NEED" would be satisfied as well.

Since she would never want a Treo, and she's very happy with Verizon, this is my best move.

Anybody?

Thanks, bostonguy

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Sprint$'$s$ $Picture$ $Mail$ $can$'$t$ $be$ $sent$ $to$ $another$ $carrier$ $like$ $Short$ $Mail$ $can$ $be$. $Other$ $carriers$ $have$ $MMS$ $which$ $is$ $like$ $SMS$ $but$ $with$ $pictures$ $and$/$or$ $sound$. $Sprint$ $set$ $up$ $Picture$ $Mail$ $the$ $same$ $way$ $Short$ $Mail$ $was$ $so$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $compatible$ $with$ $MMS$ $because$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $the$ $same$ $thing$. $After$ $Sprint$ $offers$ $SMS$, $they$ $may$ $offer$ $MMS$. $But$ $until$ $then$ $I$ $think$ $the$ $only$ $way$ $to$ $send$ $a$ $picture$ $to$ $a$ $non$-$Sprint$ $phone$ $is$ $to$ $e$-$mail$ $it$ $them$. $I$ $could$ $be$ $wrong$, $but$ $I$'$m$ $pretty$ $sure$ $that$'$s$ $the$ $case$.