1.    #1  
    Anybody run into the same problem? I downloaded Documents to Go (just the minimal version for Word and Excel files). However, simply choosing the Word icon -- or, for that matter, the "Documents" icon that came preinstalled on the Treo 600 -- instantly crashes the unit.

Also, I use snappermail, which I like, but when trying to open MS Word attachments on it, it says that "no application can be found for that attachment." I've tried both Quickword (which didn't crash the unit, but wouldn't open the document) and of course the Docs to Go program (which did crash the unit).

Any insight or similar stories would be helpful. I'm a huge Treo 600 fan, but there are still a few minor bugs in the unit that I think we're all finding here and there (doesn't take away from what a great phone it is, but still).
    Mine works fine with Docs to Go.

Originally posted by ddahorton
    Anybody run into the same problem? I downloaded Documents to Go (just the minimal version for Word and Excel files). However, simply choosing the Word icon -- or, for that matter, the "Documents" icon that came preinstalled on the Treo 600 -- instantly crashes the unit.

Also, I use snappermail, which I like, but when trying to open MS Word attachments on it, it says that "no application can be found for that attachment." I've tried both Quickword (which didn't crash the unit, but wouldn't open the document) and of course the Docs to Go program (which did crash the unit).

Any insight or similar stories would be helpful. I'm a huge Treo 600 fan, but there are still a few minor bugs in the unit that I think we're all finding here and there (doesn't take away from what a great phone it is, but still).
    Treo 600
    Originally posted by ddahorton

Upgrade to Docs to go version 6.. It is Treo compatible
    If I buy Docs to Go Premium ver 6, should I uninstall the Docs to Go viewers that came on the T600 before installing the full ver. 6?

Thanks.
    That was happening to me. Only I didn't know it. My 600 was crashing when I tried to use the find button. I called up HS customer support (If you don't tell them you are with Sprint they send you to a rep). He had me punch in ##377 dial. This code brings up what every last crashed your system. FOr me it was Doc' to go. I deleted it. I actually think that what was happening is that I had a earlier DTG from my old M515. There were a bunch of files with it. The DTG 4 was not loaded onto my treo 600 but since the viewer was there it was hotsyncing with the old DTG desktop and putting DTG 4 files on my 600. You might want to try removing everyting including your old DTG desktop and unlinking your old files. Then reinstall and see if that helps. Also you might want to try the code. It could be something else that is crashing it. I wasn't even in DTG and it was the problem on my 600.
    I was having issues with the Find function crashing the unit too, and using the ##377 tip showed that it was WordToGo, a component of Docs2Go.

I then deleted WordToGo, SheetToGo and Documents, but later on, I found out that I didn't need to, as the upgrade installation would have done that for me. You might still want to do if you do not have much space left for application installation. The download is 1.99 MB and it needs space to install as well, so you may need as much as 5 MB of free space (I'm not sure of the actual amount needed).

I then did the following:

1) Hit the site http://www.dataviz.com/T600 from Blazer (Web)
    2) Clicked on "DataViz Handheld Home Page"
    3) Clicked "Treo 600 Users Click Here"
    4) Clicked on the Submit button (even though I did have it installed already, because I wanted the latest version)
    5) Clicked on "Download Now"
    6) Clicked on the "Yes" button when asked if I wanted to download
    7) Clicked on the "Open" button
    8) Clicked on "Yes" when it asked if I want to Transfer/Install it into Applications.
    9) It transferred the program into my applications and while installing, asked if I wanted to overwrite/delete a couple of files and I allowed it to.

All is good for me now!
  7.    #7  
    Yeah...I found that I simply needed to actually buy the full version (6.0 or something) and install it. No issues with that -- it was just the free trial version, which was an earlier version, that crashes the T600. Minor annoyance but not the end of the world.